***M18x - NVIDIA SLI (Driver Questions, Performance, Problems) Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    They can be good overclockers anyway. Oc and run a couple of bench when you have time:D

GodlikeRU likes this.
  2. Diamondy4

Diamondy4 Newbie

Reputations:
    megaupload.com doesn't work, somebody has this file?

3. mihaispd

mihaispd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Happy new year to everyone.
    I would like to post this in order to help others cause i dont wont to be only beneficial from this account and site (thx again Mr.Fox and t456 for the alienware m18x r2 display recovery) and i would like to help others as i got helped.
    On an Alienware m18 with win 8.1 and 780m sli configuration with stock firmware, last couple of days i tested the nvidia drivers version 361.43. Since we all know the driver issue regarding the throttle gpu ...i give it a shot. Before i was using the 344.75 version of driver - custom.
    After 10 days i didnt get any throttle on second gpu and made the 3dmark test with nvidia inspector open, to see if the gpu would be downclocked. So far no problems.
    Beside this, i started all my games with a fps counter to see if there are any improvements or not. The results showed me a 5-10 fps increase, but also a 3-5 grades in temperature.
    You have below the 3dmark scores with the 2 versions of drivers.
    Feel free to test it and post feedback but my advice is to keep saved the custom 344.75 version of the driver.

Attached Files:

DreDre and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Bodziu

Bodziu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry for asking here but I'm unable to find latest moded drivers for my 880m sli for my alienware M18XR2. I saw J95 another forum how to Mod nvidia drivers after changing hardware, but my english isn't so good to full understand how to made it propeer. Any one can help with link for downloading porper last drivers for my 880ms?
    I have right now 344.75 version moded by Mr. Fox and J95.
    Sorry for noobish request. :(

5. kenny27

kenny27 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Look in the "[Alienware] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF" over at TechInferno, J95 has already modded the latest drivers, What version of windows are you running?

6. Bodziu

Reputations:
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit,

i have question with other way, when in january I have free update to Windows 10 my Alienware pass test for compatibility,
    now when I decide to change system it say that my nvidia drivers are not ok for Windows 10 and I cant install it lol.
    any Idea what going on? It say ask your vendor or ask nvidia for support.
    I can't download from that web page forum because I'm not registered there. :(

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  7. twin snakes

twin snakes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok so here you go
    The driver http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe (you can get it on nvidia.com anw)
    And the modded INF in the attachment below
    If you decide going to Win10, you have to use the corresponding driver and INF, however my advice is to stick with 7 for now

Attached Files:

8. Bodziu

Reputations:
    I read it be better for stay in W7 but some software what i need to uses working right now only at W10, hate company who pushing for W10 without reason.

Any way thank you very very much for your time and help.

9. GodlikeRU

GodlikeRU Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sorry for little offtop.

My 880Ms are:
    1. 85%
    2. 82,3%
    It says that my GPU quality is higher than 80% similiar GPUs in DB.

Is this a good score?

Papusan likes this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Yeah. Nice Asic score. But high ASIC quality isn't synonym with very good overclockers. I think Nvidia push out their so called <best> chips to milk their customers to last drop. Higher Asic score mean normally lower voltage on chips with same Clockspeed. 880m is a lousy overclocker. They hoped probably lower voltage could manage higher Clockspeed. 880m is known for heavy Throttling and high maximum temperature + can't hold Turbo boost even with mod vbios. Damn Nvidia for their heavy gread!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.