***M18x - NVIDIA SLI (Driver Questions, Performance, Problems) Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsweet1991

mrsweet1991 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox (really could do with asking this on another thread but I can't find it) but could you send me one of the batch files with an OC that has no additional voltage?

2. tialex

tialex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, not sure if this should go here or not. I posted about 2 months ago that I spilled my drink on my Alienware 18. I just got it back yesterday, apparently they didnt touch the GPUs but now after reinstalling Windows 10, NVIDEO control centre does not have the option for SLI. Device Manager recognizes both are there but I'm unable to put back into SLI. Any ideas?

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Take a look here. http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...formance-problems-and-non-working-sli.709135/

4. tialex

tialex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks. I just called Dell, they are sending over a tech next week to replace the bridge cable. Lets hope....

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    It's okay to be a little updated on Dellienware blunders. LOL

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  6. anarky321

anarky321 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    would 353.00 PEG driver work with 780m SLI without throttling? anyone have experience? its either that or 345.20 mr fox drivers with newest profiles i guess?

7. kenny27

kenny27 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I believe Mr. Fox has tried the latest 353.00 drivers, they installed fine but he has issues getting the gpus to start see below.

8. jlpfr

jlpfr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Very strange thing with the last Nvidia 361.43, during installation black screen and reboot normally, reallly impossible to install this drivers on my AW18 SLI 980M 8GB (purchased at woodzstack ;)) back to the 359.06 !

Convenient of late with this laptop, it's not necessary to modding drivers and neither disabled drivers signature

9. inasense

inasense Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Recently I received an AW18 980m sli warranty replacement system, and have been playing with different drivers and vbios in attemps to attain ideal stability and performance. I'm wondering if anyone with 980m sli or just anyone more knowledgeable than myself (I'm new to the nvidia mobile scene) could give some advice. Thanks!

10. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I got my Alienware 18 yesterday with the 980M SLI...I haven't toyed with it yet, but I'm sad to report that the ASIC quality is absolute garbage, at 68.1% and 69.3% respectively. That is the absolute lowest I've ever seen in a Dell nVidia card. For comparison, I had Dell 7970M with 78.1%, a Dell R9 M290X with 79.5%, and a Dell 680M with 82% in the past. The quality is just gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.