***M18x - NVIDIA SLI (Driver Questions, Performance, Problems) Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny27

kenny27 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I only used dispi.inf from j95 at Techinferno, no need to touch the nvdmi.inf, that was for the 355.98 drivers though.... I assume that he is still modding them for 780m
    Can email you the profile if you need though

2. anarky321

anarky321 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    anarky321@gmail.com, i tried several times to install the 360xx but it kept failing, not going to try again

3. anarky321

anarky321 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i actually need it in .nip profile, i accidentally deleted all my profiles trying to export it in .txt format...whoops

and trying to import the whole text file threw an error

i actually had to reinstall my drivers to restore all the profiles =/

4. kenny27

kenny27 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't follow why you need the .nip, if you follow Tulius's instructions precisely everything you need for The Witcher 3 and every other game previous to the 355.98 drivers is in the text file I sent you.
    Just to explain the 4th step, which is were I messed up the first time...dont import anything, you are just clearing and then creating a new (fake) witcher 3 profile for the 345.20 drivers so that you have it in the right spot/format when you export/copy/paste/import the new profile in the later steps

5. anarky321

anarky321 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    nvidia inspector can only import single profiles in .nip format

EDIT: well i tried several compatibility bits for dx11 Witcher 3 all of them crash almost immediately after load

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  6. anarky321

anarky321 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    my Dying Light won't start on my R2...tried reinstalling..just black screen on startup, its weird i was playing just fine with these drivers and 780's on the R1

7. kenny27

kenny27 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't really have a problem with giving you .nip files but that means I have to mess around reinstalling drivers etc every time you get a new game when you can just use the .txt file method and do it yourself. Just follow the instructions rather then trying to import profiles with nvidia inspector.
    If you think Dying light is having sli problems just disable sli then you will know for sure.

8. muhd86

muhd86 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    With so many problems of windows 10 and the throttling issue of gpus i dont think it would be a good idea to get the m8 4940mx with dual gtx 880m sli soecially since windows 10 was installed on it from windows 7.

Sent from my SM-N900K using Tapatalk

9. anarky321

anarky321 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    why would you have to reinstall your drivers every time you export a .nip profile?

im not really sure what you mean because i tried importing the .txt file you sent me and it threw an error every time and i tried installing newer drivers and exporting them myself and the drivers wouldn't install so the only way i can see of doing it is through the .nip

dying light isnt running with or without SLI, even after reinstall, just black screen on startup

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  10. anarky321

anarky321 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    edit: disregard

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.