M18x Makes Landfall! Pictures, Videos, Unboxing Thoughts, etc. Share away!

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BatBoy, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endless Shock

Endless Shock Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I too got a red sock. I have to give it back though. They missed a letter on my nameplate.

2. ARGH

ARGH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you are going to send the whote thing back just for a nameplate? can't they just mail you a new nameplate instead?

i mean, if you got a perfect laptop with perfect screen, why take a chance at recieving another one that may not be perfect? just ask for a corrected nameplate to be mailed.

3. lnoton

lnoton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I assume your joking? Right?

4. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I'd be gettin' 'em to just send out an ammended name plate if everything else with the system was fine....why risk gettin' a dodgy system if the one you got is working 100%....

5. Endless Shock

Reputations:
    Well. There are a few things with it other than the nameplate. I'm getting some flicker on the keypad portion. The internal audio is inconsistent. Meaning it's there at times and sometimes it's not. I do use a USB headset and I do know about headset/mic ports.

Regarding the nameplate; they can't send me a new one (generic or custom)which is unfortunate.

I have been fortunate with the aero bug. I don't get it often. Actually, I only get it when do benchmarks. I'm using the Dell A00 6990 drivers on a fresh install.

6. lnoton

lnoton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Id be tempted to get the tech round. Flickering lights might just be a quick easy lose connection. Im sure they can send u a nameplate...that sounds wrong.

Audio....no idea. Was it like that before the rebuild.

Mine is scheduled for Wednesday delivery....hopefully its perfect...but i aint that lucky.

7. Xeneize

Xeneize Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had a ton of issues with the IDT software/driver, it appears that when installed it also adds a couple of devices and if you add a headset with a mic it really gets confused... Is that your issue? I ended up unistalling IDT all rogeather and letting Windows manage the sound and have had no issues at all.

8. katalin_2003

katalin_2003 NBR Spectre Super Moderator

Reputations:
    That's perfectly normal, don't worry.

9. Endless Shock

Reputations:
    I did a fresh install the other day. Went from raid 0 to an Intel 510. I didn't install a few things Bigfoot, IDT and Bluetooth. The rig seems to run more smoothly now. Have not gotten the Aero bug yet (fingers crossed), the sound doesn't fade in and out anymore - was probably a corrupted download on my part. I am waiting for a new keyboard which I should be getting soon hope that fixes the flickering.

Lastly, the nameplate... I spoke to 3 reps - they all said they can't send a replacement nameplate. Has anyone of you or someone you know ever gotten a nameplate replaced?

Thanks for all the tips btw guys/gals :).

10. evil_mike

evil_mike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Three support reps said they wouldn't send a replacement nameplate? If you're within your 30 days, tell them you're sending the unit back then. See if they're willing to send you a nameplate then. For something that simple, you'd think they'd be willing to help you out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.