M18x Makes Landfall! Pictures, Videos, Unboxing Thoughts, etc. Share away!

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BatBoy, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaqDiesel

ShaqDiesel Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I own the 17x r2, r3, and 18x and i have to say the 18x has a very nice display, r3 was brighter but everything looked blueish and washed out at max brightness, in terms of colour the 18x comes alot closer to the rgb led than the 120hz r3 display (to my eyes at least), anyways if you guys are interested i may be able to line up all 3 and snap a few pics.

2. DanXbix

DanXbix Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah interested :D and jealous

3. nobodyshero

nobodyshero Notebook Speculator

Reputations:
    Yes! lol, I think many here would pay to see all three gens side by side (let's be honest the 18x is basically a R4).

4. arazik

arazik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys, anybody can tell me what is the best solution in ssd for m18x now? I thought about Vertex 3 or Crucial M4? but I cant decide:((

5. katalin_2003

katalin_2003 NBR Spectre Super Moderator

Reputations:
    There was no R3 :p just like Vista.

6. JimmyC

JimmyC Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    General consensus indicates the Vertex 3 Max IOPS edition is fastest. Crucial and Intel historically have the advantage in reliability. With these all being new generation of drives however, no one can be certain of the latter.

7. Speedy Gonzalez

Speedy Gonzalez Xtreme Notebook Speeder!

Reputations:
    Hi, The hardest part will be removing the Plexyglass for the first time from the machine because the material brakes real easy i broke one already and it wasn't fun

if you are careful and remove the glass the best option is build your own bezel with plastic that way you can keep the original glass intact for warranty purposes

I am sure dell can do some like snap on bezel but they just want to keep the glossy glass finish and is something a lot of people don't understand why

If you remove the glass you don't need to cut anything and all you need to do is build your own bezel to keep the stock intact

both looked the same because i cut the clear part of the glass to leave a bezel however i don't recommend this no more if you don't want to loose your warranty

Take a look here this was my best job at the time the glass was cut off leaving a perfect bezel http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...17x-rgb-led-matte-screen-mod.html#post6878076

8. SOS4DELL

SOS4DELL A Notebook Philosopher

Reputations:
    Fantastic!!! Arriba, arriba!!! Cheers!!!

But, 1) how did you build that bezel? 2) can you build it for others? and, 3) how you put the E2E plastic cover again when and if you need to apply to the warranty?

Last... Can you please, post some detailed pictures and maybe a tutorial 4 dummies on how it look and how it can be done?

9. Seblock

Seblock Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you are going for the M4, take an action now. Newegg is offering it for $439 plus a FREE 4GB (2x2GB) 1333GHz RAM KIT. Free shipping included.

I just bought mine for $470 4 days ago >.<

P/s That is holiday promotion, so you better make it quick.

10. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    THE "BEAST" HAS LANDED!! - Ups just ding-dong'ed and dropped off my new M18x! - havent unboxed it yet, will have to do it later on.....suprised me already that the actual box/carton it comes in is actually smaller than the box my R2 shipped in...weird!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.