M18x Makes Landfall! Pictures, Videos, Unboxing Thoughts, etc. Share away!

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BatBoy, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sentinex

sentinex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey The1TruJok3r question, in the link for the 3D mark you posted at the end of your description post I followed the link and it shows P5534 3DMarks and "Your Score is Low Compared to Similar Systems" is that normal or it just a glitch. Could you elaborate a little bit about this?

2. The1TruJok3r

The1TruJok3r Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's showing low due to one score. All the other scores are higher so not sure. Also I'm fighting now to put on latest AMD drivers and re-run the test.

3. rawhide85

rawhide85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do my eyes deceive me or does it list the "Display Type as: RGB Color" This would be the best gift Dell could give us.

4. SOS4DELL

SOS4DELL A Notebook Philosopher

Reputations:
    My congratulations pals! The jokers are fast and accurate...
    4me, never mind the sound I have very high fidelity sound system 4that, but the screen... oh my God! this is the turn down 4me :(
    This: "It is not as bright as the M17x-R2 panel nor does it come close with respect to color reproduction. The contrast ratio isn't the best to be honest, it could have been better" turn the red light on me...
    I can't believe Dellienware is doing that to it's mothership... (and to all of us) :mad:
    It's so sad!!!

5. jfbarea

jfbarea Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My m18x cries when run The witcher 2 :(, the framerate with ultra settings in 1920 are 6-7 fps.

The1TruJok3r or 5150Joker, when you switch graphic mode, (Fn+F7), cumputer needs reboot ?

Congrats for machine !! ;)

6. 5150Joker

5150Joker Tech|Inferno

Reputations:
    With respect to the display rating, I made a typo and didn't even realize it. Score should have been 7.5/10 not 6.5/10. Just corrected the original post, if you quoted me please make the change. Thanks!

7. mloney87

mloney87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm happy to hear the display isn't as pitiful as once was believed. I have never owned an RGB type screen, so it really won't make a big difference for me.

8. joecait

joecait Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    On the M17x R3, a few people reported that the buttons popped up, since the chassis is different, does it feel more solid compared to your old machine?

9. 5150Joker

5150Joker Tech|Inferno

Reputations:

The media bar in the M17x-R3 doesn't sit flush on the right side because Dell used some kind of adhesive to hold it down which doesn't exactly work very well. The M18x doesn't have that issue, it sits perfectly flush. As far as the buttons go, they feel almost the same to me and I never had any issues with the M17x-R3 buttons either.

BTW guys, I haven't run any benchmarks yet but I'm doing some light video editing that causes the CPU fan to spin up and it's a lot quieter than the M17x-R2 fan during load. It's the same fan used in the M17x-R3.

10. Aikimox

Aikimox Weihenstephaner!

Reputations:
    Any regrets on the color choice? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.