1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

M18x Info Right on Dell's Website! With Proof!!!

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by DaneGRClose, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexUW

alexUW Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Congrats on the find.

As someone who had a 18.4" Qosmio, a large screen like that is pure sweetness (makes 17.3" screens look tiny).

Lets hope it is true.

2. blaster

blaster 1 tequila, 2,3,4,5, floor

Reputations:
    + for the find.

This made my day :)

Hopefully it will show up on the website soon without pre advertising, just like the old m17.

3. eYe-I-aïe...

eYe-I-aïe... Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's actually gonna be 18.4 inches... ;)

4. rawhide85

rawhide85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For me the 18 will be perfect. I am a fireman and every third day this beast will go from my car to my room. To be able to watch HD/3D? movies will be just what the doctor ordered (still using my Inspiron 9300). It is already written, the AW m18x WILL be my next computer;/-

5. eYe-I-aïe...

eYe-I-aïe... Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Summer begins june the 21st... :p

6. vikingrinn

vikingrinn Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    rather than speculation, let's go with more from the sw (dell-lab.posterous) engineer, who has just released some new info/specs today:

as for eta on this "avenger":

+1 yeah, yeah, yeah... lol :p

launch is the most speculative aspect atm - but with the place holder already up at dell's support site, along with all the fresh new details rolling in, maybe sooner than summer?

7. SOS4DELL

SOS4DELL A Notebook Philosopher

Reputations:
    It could be a good marketing initiative for Dellienware to open a 'marriage list'... Ups! sorry: I mean a 'boarding list' for people ready to make their order on the forthcoming landing M18x... ;)
    According to the quoted 'probably' specifications, many will be ready to start ordering and even advance a first payment for a 'boarding ticket'...:cool: (me among them).

8. BlazeGaj

BlazeGaj Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    18in screen with dual graphics sound awesome. Still, if this is going to have hdmi input/3d/better screen then it's worth waiting for.

9. vzachari

vzachari Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's probably because like the m17x-R1/R2 it will look like a dodge Avenger :)

10. RayDawg

RayDawg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hope the chassis/case won't look like an enlarged m11x. I've been drooling over the m17x r2's case/chassis since the moment I first saw it and am hoping it'll be an 18" version of the m17x r2's case/chassis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.