M18x Battery Life

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by ssj92, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    These must be the factors on why I am not getting those same results. I am usingg 70% brightness and Windows 10.

I was debating on using Windows 8.1 though maybe I should just go back to 7. I hardly play games anyways and probably don't need DX12.

What happen with the enthusiasm? Didn't you just recently get the M17xR1 fully working or something?

But I feel it..kinda feeling the same lately. I'm using a MacBook Pro right now LOL

2. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Real life is catching up to me, and I've maxed out all my rigs, and I've no plans to purchase any more gaming laptops. Not in the position to build a desktop either as pascal is old af.

ssj92 and Arrrrbol like this.
  3. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    Sameness here lol. I kinda gave up everything for now , I’m more focus on life and my family. I have to give attention to my house that needs some TLC.

But , I have duel PSU Mod and maybe 3 batteries I can sell to you.

4. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    I've actually kinda given up too, kinda why I don't have a Clevo P870TM1 right now.

I'd rather not carry four batteries around LOL and would prefer fixing my current battery life. I'll try windows 7 and 8.1 on two separate SSDs and see if it helps.

I haven't seen a single comparison of battery life with the latest 10 builds vs 7 vs 8.1.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  5. maxslo

maxslo undefined

Reputations:
    My M18x R2 could easly get 6 hours on battery too, (Win 7, lowest brightness, wifi on, light web browsing, no alienFX) :)
    The battery had a very low wear aswell :)

6. Grant B Gibson

Grant B Gibson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Alien FX plays a major role in battery life, as well as brightness.

7. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    I think it's the brightness. AlienFX off doesn't seem to do much to my battery life so far. I'll be testing windows 8.1 soon since my 10 install got messed up.

Windows 10 got me 3 hours on average, let's see what 8.1 does at the same settings. :D

8. jerryzago

jerryzago Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you for the link. Sadly the one you suggested doesn't sent to my country. I did find some other claiming that they sell authentic Alienware batteries, but I just don't believe them.

I believe having 980m SLI and just browsing, the high constant Amperage puts a stress to the battery. Stock battery will fail again, that is why I am shooting for some high drain ones to rebuilt my pack. Money seems to be the same, effort is not!

9. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I can sell you used/low wear genuine m18x batteries, I have a few from dead system pulls

10. jerryzago

jerryzago Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sure, please pm me some details