M17xR5 with Quadro P4000M

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by MrMogwai, Aug 19, 2019.

1. ll_r1d0_ll

ll_r1d0_ll Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. MrMogwai

MrMogwai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know that same parts, specs and part number will fit, what I'm trying to get at is - is it possible for an eDP cable from, say, Latitude or Precision or XPS with different part number to be used. If there is a part that has the same or similar strip length and connector layout suitable for this one. If not, then I will just order the one from eBay. When it comes to this sort of electronics where I need to get the machine to be reliable I ain't gonna buy something that was most likely dug up from a trash heap and resold.

3. ll_r1d0_ll

Reputations:
    have never done anything like this before but might work as the wiring scheme for LCDs are same everywhere except the aditional CAMERA MIC FLEX

4. MrMogwai

Reputations:
    Ok, got the screen, got the cable, ready to assemble, but first we're back to the issue nobody has answered to yet - modded .inf for Quadro P4000. Can anyone provide a compatible .inf? Cant get it out now due to the fact that the machine is in parts...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  5. ll_r1d0_ll

Reputations:
    i heard that one of a guy installed QUADRO without modifying any INF file...so just give it a go and if it doesnt installs do let us know we will modify that file for you

6. MrMogwai

Reputations:
    As soon as I put it back together (which is going to be most likely Sunday evening) I will attempt that. Haven't had a chance to put it together yet. What order should I do it? Install P4000 then the screen, or put in both, or first the screen and then the card?

7. ll_r1d0_ll

Reputations:
    i would recommend to UNINSTALL old NVIDIA Drivers using DDU then go to bios and set the display to PEG and then disassemble ur laptop and install new screen and assemble it back and try to boot it with old gpu gtx 765m first ..PEG is necessary for 120 HZ Display ...if the display shows just install the new card..Good LucK

8. TheQuentincc

TheQuentincc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    MrMogwai likes this.
  9. MrMogwai

Reputations:
    Soooo.... It took a while, I got the 120Hz screen running, it's a beauty, also while swapping stuff I switched the GPU to 4910QM, But when it comes to P4000M all I get is 8 beeps. Any ideas? I've switched BIOS to SG, but no luck so far.

10. Mastermind5200

Mastermind5200 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You cannot use the 120HZ screen with SG regardless of what dGPU is being used, the iGPU is not wired to the internal eDP port and thus cannot display an image.