M17x r3 680M compatability

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by BlakeE450, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Revelator

The Revelator Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The unlocked A10 BIOS for the R3 is available here: M17xR3_Unlocked_A10_Bios_Full.zip. Props to our friends svl7 and Bios-Mods for the work.

Sandy Bridge processors work fine in the R4 motherboard. If you recall the R4 was sold with Sandy Bridge CPUs when it was first introduced, pending the release of Ivy Bridge.

2. BlakeE450

BlakeE450 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are the features of this unlocked bios different in any way when compared to the A08?

Thanks!

3. The Revelator

The Revelator Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Nope. Exactly the same options as unlocked A08, but built on the A10 BIOS.

4. SkylineLvr

SkylineLvr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So the modded A10 still allows SATA III speeds for the 0 HDD slot?

5. kissasalienware

kissasalienware Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you so much for the link, now i have upgraded to the modded A10 bios and tried install driver after disable the igp and still not working

GOOOOOOD NEWS GUYS !!

it work, it finally work. I have used Revelator's unlocked A10 BIOS, disable the igp, modded one specific driver downloaded from eurocom tech support by adding the device id of my 680m (other driver just dont work). and now its working.
    Thanks for all the helps, ideas and support you guys have provided. im soooooo appreciated! ill post some image with evidence and performance test result either in this thread or one new. now im so tired and need some rest. And i sense it wont be just easy like this.
    again thank you all

6. svl7

svl7 T|I

Reputations:
    Cool, good news!

Sata behaves differently than in A08, but I could modify A10 so that it behaves like A08 when it comes to Sata.

7. yoshomiamoto

yoshomiamoto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sweet!! The guys a eurocom are really great, hey can you upload the files You got from eurocom and the files you hacked for download? Is the device id different for every computer? Do we have to hack it ourselves to get it to work on our com? How did you do it?

8. jinda

jinda Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I really can't see how the guys from Eurocom help in this case. Only thing I read about their suggestion is to buy a separate set of heatsink which I'm not sure why because I thought it's NOT even related.

After reading everything, its clear that the help came from SVL7 and The Revelator so props to them and for kissasalienware for not giving up & taking the risk in buying the card. Unless I'm reading this wrong:confused:

Anyway, congrats for making it work. Some of us R3 users are hoping to upgrade to 680M and you made it really clear that it's doable. Enjoy your new beast!

9. yoshomiamoto

yoshomiamoto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    lol, i didnt mean it that way bro, i thank avl7 and revelator too for their work, but also eurocom for giving him the drivers that they used to get it to work, as eurocom were the ones who could get it to work when i contacted them in regards to getting the 680m---anyways, thanks to everyone for the help, cant wait to hear how he modded the files :cool:

10. vic_doom69

vic_doom69 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    awesome, many many thanks +rep

+rep

i would like to have an a10 modded bios to still allow sata 3
    +rep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.