M17x Order Status Discussion - Part 4

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by BatBoy, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camberman

Camberman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got my tracking number Thursday morning, but FedEx still hasn't picked up from Dell. Sucks that it's only located about 4 hours away and I have to sit here and wait...

Update: It finally got picked up by FedEx and they will deliver to me tomorrow. So, the moral of the story is, your EDD is probably the most likely date you will get your order since my order was 10/29 and EDD 11/27...

2. kakaroth1977

kakaroth1977 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi , my r4 began his race for his new home :D

3. Jiggle Billy

Jiggle Billy Newbie

Reputations:
    Ordered 10/31, EDD 12/03, delivered 11/26. Atlantic Canadian region.

i7 3740QM (up to 3.7GHz)
    HD 7970m
    12 GB DDR3 RAM
    1920x1080 GLORIOUS HD
    1 TB HDD
    Nebula Red, mutha as.

I had it delivered around 12pm yesterday. It's been a gruelling month, but it's all paid off. This is the most beautful piece of hardware I've ever owned, and I've gotten a fluid near-60FPS with 1920x1080 and max settings for the games I've tested. (The Witcher 2, Black Ops 2, Skyrim)

For those lost souls still waiting to find the light; hold fast on to hope, that the next day may bring you what you seek, or some other crap like that. Thanks for the insight and comfort this thread has provided, and remember, COMMENCE THE JIGGLIN' YA'LL.

4. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mines finally gone into production. Looks like i might get it on time after all :D

5. Lv99 Slacker

Lv99 Slacker Newbie

Reputations:
    Wow...It just arrived. Checked my status this morning and said that it was "in production," let alone getting a FedEx delivery email.

Ordered on 11/07. EDD: 12/18.

6. sonies

sonies Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi, I'm new, but wanted to let you all know, I ordered my m17x on 11/3 with the 680m and 3d screen, my EDD was 12/3 and just checked my order status again and it will show up tomorrow 11/28! It seems as though most of these laptops are arriving a little early lately... man am I frickin pumped! I will need some help when my dual intel SSD's show up in a few days, I want to run them in raid 0 and really have no clue how to do that!

7. ratchetnclank

Reputations:
    It's simple.

Install windows, install intel RST select the two SSD's and click to enable them in RAID 0 (striped).

Reboot and enjoy :)

8. sonies

sonies Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So take out old 500gb HD, pop in 2 SSD's and install windows via DVD (if I have it?) ? or do I need to go to BIOS and select raid 0 first?

9. ratchetnclank

Reputations:
    Yes take out and put them in.

You can change bios to raid first but it's easier to keep in sata then just install RST and let it sort it for you.

If you put in raid first then install windows you will need to provide the RAID drivers at install time.

10. Alienware-Luis_Pardo

Alienware-Luis_Pardo Guest

Reputations:
    Or you can put them in, go to the BIOS, under SATA operation switch to RAID, make sure the oROM is enabled.

Restart, press ctrl+i when prompted to enter the oROM. There you can set up the RAID 0 (striped). <-- Step by step guide

Once the RAID array is ready, install Windows 7. You'll need to download and install the latest drivers, you can find them with the correct installation order here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.