]]>

M15x GPU Thread: General Discussion on Upgrades, GPU Troubleshooting & Repairs

Discussion in 'Alienware M15x' started by Jeehan, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Raidriar

Raidriar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    has no x bracket, you will need to source an appropriate one yourself. I have a 970M for sale for 270 shipped including x bracket if you want to go that route. @King of Interns and I have both tested the 980M in the M15x and it was just way too hot and power hungry to live with. 970M is the best way to go. I have mine undervolted to 0.95V (down from 1.00V) and it works wonderfully.

2. MatsueMaiku

MatsueMaiku Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello, Raidriar. I would be interested in buying the 970m from you for that price assuming there are no problems with the card. It sounds like it's all set up to be installed. Would you be able to ship it to me in Osaka, Japan? My wife would be happy that I'm not spending $400 on the 980m. Please, send a message to my inbox and we can discuss the details. I don't seem to be able to message you that way.

3. Raidriar

Raidriar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Japan will increase shipping cost from USA to 300 including shipping, yes the card works, you will NEED clevo screws to use the xbracket since it is a clevo card.

4. masterlink2002

masterlink2002 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Haven't been online in a long time. I sold my AW 17 r1 Ranger recently to pay for my geforce 1080 for my desktop now i'm left with my wife's m15x until my power supply comes back from rma. my qyestion is this. can someone point me in the right direction to go about installing the geforce 765m i bought for this laptop a while back. I haven't done this in a while so i'm rusty and I don't wanna screw up my wifes laptop.