M14x/M17xR3/M18x - Wireless HD/SiBEAM discussion thread

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by BatBoy, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVNeptune

LVNeptune Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I can't believe this thread is still going after 3 years LOL

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I have no idea. I haven't ever really developed an interest in this technology, so I haven't purchased a receiver to test it. I also do not have access to a 4K monitor and have no plans to purchase one at any point in the foreseeable future. I'm am waiting for 4K to become more popular than a novelty so I can get a pair of "obsolete" 2560x1440 monitors a lot cheaper (hopefully). Until then I am just fine using 1080p since it costs me nothing and works great. ;)

Yes, once in a while it has a post with a question, but very seldom. SiBEAM WiHD pretty much died when the M18xR2 replaced the R1. Since WiDi is more or less worthless for wireless gaming because it relies on Intel IGFX (also essentially worthless for gaming) there has been very little interest. I have been thinking about removing it as a sticky thread and allowing it drift into oblivion since it is not very useful any more. Sure as heck, I'll do that and someone will start a new thread on the topic and then I will have to go find it and merge them, LOL.

3. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    WiDi and WiHD are still being developed. What people seen years ago for those products were version 1 and 2's that were barely scratching the surface of what the technology is supposed to be about. WiDi for instance is still being developed by intel and still on all its chips, but will do 4K starting febuary or something like that, and support DX11 too.
    WiHD was at CES last year or something..no wait... oh yeah its officially dead by now... *sighs* it was the only good version. All it had to do was extend its range and make it easier to connect, WiHD supported 4K btw, for the last 5 years, though, only with its last specification could it do 60 fps or more. Guess it followed HDMI when they added the 2.0 spec.

4. Juang1985

Juang1985 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

i know this is an old post. I got an aero beam receiver but i cant get it to connect to my laptop receiver is connected to tv via hdmi, when i turn on the receiver the green light blinks then i open the wihd software and nothing happens. i turn it on but it doesnt sync or connect. any advice?

5. Juang1985

Juang1985 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    anyone??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.