M11x-R3: whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by trikster, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trikster

trikster Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have an M11x-r3 that is fully spec'ed (from Dell) with a 720gb 7200 rpm drive. Laptop is in 8/10 shape with a couple rub marks from the keyboard on the screen (that you can't see when turned on). I was thinking of $750 or so plus shipping. Am I off-base?

2. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I seen these go up to $1000 on ebay... People still want these even if there is better hardware out. Without an SSD you should be able to get between $650 - $800 depending on how well you make your sell. If you still have original Disks, Box, and microfiber cloth thing it was packed in, you can probably add another 50 to that. I got $900 on ebay for mine when I sold it 8 months ago (with its 128GB SSD and Original BOX)

UltraGSM likes this.
  3. UltraGSM

UltraGSM ...so many Alienwares...

Reputations:
    if its i7 you're looking for ~600EUR +- depending on the overall condition of the laptop

Sold mine m11xR3 few months ago with these specs: i5 / nvidia 540m 1GB / 8GB RAM / 1TB HDD / 3G HSDPA MODEM CARD / all and everything complete double box and all accessories discs bits and bobs, got 600EUR and some good interest, but laptop was trully mint 9.5 out of 10 points

4. trikster

Reputations:
    Mine is the i7, 4gb Ram, and the best of the video cards. The drive is new and the battery still shows all bars. I don't have the box or manual, I traded for it. It is in good shape, just the light rub marks from the keyboard. It has served me well, just no longer use it much.

5. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just a side note: never guarantee your battery life when selling a used notebook. Just say "it holds a good charge". Also advertise that it has a brand new HDD, even if its not a SSD, buyers will be more confident that it will not fail as opposed to a used/original one. If you are selling via ebay, set a price 0f $999 "buy it now or best offer". Someone may buy it at that price especially if you throw in extras like cary bags or whatnot. The nice thing about "or best offer" is that you will get all kinds of offers too. If no one buys it in 10 days at $999 I would accept around ~$800 for your model.

sangemaru likes this.
  6. trikster

Reputations:
    Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.