M11x R1 - still going. Sort of.

Discussion in 'Alienware M11x' started by GNandGS, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Dolbs

Dolbs Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi Guys, Quick update My M11x R1 Still going strong, running Win 10 with Nvidia card permanently switch on in the Bios. Been playing State Of Decay and still using it when i travel.

2. Bendak

Bendak Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That’s good to hear. I can’t imagine there are too many OG M11x’s in working order. Mine has been retired for years but I did bring it out several months ago to charge it up and make sure everything was in working order. I love the design of these old Alienware laptops - almost timeless as they don’t look as if they’ve aged a day.

3. Descalzo

Descalzo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My wife still uses the M11x R1 every day. I had to replace the HD and the LCD but it still is awesome.

Sadly, I can't use NVidia because it doesn't like the new screen for some reason. When I activate the NVidia card, the screen splits into 4 mini copies of itself. That works for her most of the time, but the HDMI works through the high-end graphics card, so no HDMI for her.

Aside from that it's a wonderful little machine. I may have to install Windows 10 but I'm not looking forward to it, as I understand that Win10 doesn't like the Intel graphics.