M11x R1 - still going. Sort of.

Discussion in 'Alienware M11x' started by GNandGS, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Dolbs

Dolbs Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi Guys. Still running my Original R1. Replaced the battery but other than that all working well.
    :>

2. captain008

captain008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow, it is great to see other m11x systems still running around. I have had my R2 for about four years, and only suffered hinge replacements and a new inverter cable. While I cannot play newer games on it, but it is great to take my R2 on trips and play Bioshock and some COD.

3. deeznutz206

deeznutz206 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My R1 is still running and in mint condition. It's a desktop replacement (slow compared to today's laptops) but it still works. I keep the lid open so it is on its original hinges and the battery is still original and going strong (about 2.5 hrs on high performance setting). Replaced the original HD with a Samsung Pro 256gb SSD, up'd the RAM to 8gb and overclocked it to 1.73 ghz. Picked it up for around $550 new back then and it has been a great machine. :bigsmile:

4. Primate23

Primate23 Newbie

Reputations:
    My original r1 still goes strong. I use it as travel entertainment. My kids play mine craft and Keenan space program on it, and it’s great for plugging into tvs on holidays to watch movies etc. love the little beast and would totally buy a new one if they still made them

5. Dwarf King

Dwarf King Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got an old Alienware m11x R3 system back in 2014. It was originally bought in 2011 Still going strong. The previous owner had take good care of it. A real nice little gem. All I had to was to get a new Nordic keyboard so I could get rid of the German keyboard. Even though it has the i5 2467 it still takes on many games and the Nvidia card(Geforce GT 540m) deals with 3D applications with ease. Pretty amazed about it. Even in 2018 it rocks pretty well.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018