M11x clock generator ICS9LPRS387BKLF

Discussion in 'Alienware M11x' started by duffyanneal, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavyGT

DavyGT Overclocker

Reputations:
    The M11x doesn't have RAM settings in BIOS. Wish I could have the 2:3 ratio back :( . I'll have to use Thaiphoon Burner to get the desired timings. Thanks.

2. Arak-Nafein

Arak-Nafein Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow, nice work Davy. Did you pinmod your M11x? I don't understand how you unlocked the TME?

3. DavyGT

DavyGT Overclocker

Reputations:
    Thanks, I disabled TME through soldering a resistor to pin 14.

I managed to work out Register 14 partially- it starts at 68 and increases by 2mhz with every letter replacing 8. Eg: 6A will give 268 if 266 is stock. It all works until the letter G is reached. It will freeze at G- which means to keep increasing, the first digit needs to be increased by 1. Adding 1 will add 30mhz. That's all I know from observation, I'll figure out a mathematical formula and reasoning later.

I managed to break 1.9Ghz by negating the RAM limitation through using the provided "Overclock" mode for the 2:3 RAM ratio. At 324Mhz FSB, RAM is running at 974Mhz, well within the previous overclock. Too bad the RAM limitation is looking to stay with me- Thaiphoon Burner doesn't work (Gives an error message "Could not install system drivers" and SPDTool has trouble reading my RAM SPD.) :( Time for stability testing.
    [​IMG]

4. Arak-Nafein

Arak-Nafein Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I see a pinmod in my future.

*Anxiously awaits stability tests* What method are you using? Prime95? And for how long?

5. stevenxowens792

stevenxowens792 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @Davy - what is your 3dmark06 score now? Just to give a general "idea" of score. Also, is it stable when overclocking video simultaneously?

A huge congrats! I believe you are the first so you deserve some props for sure.

Good Luck and Best Wishes, StevenX

6. DavyGT

DavyGT Overclocker

Reputations:
    I do a quick test of 5 runs in IntelBurnTest to prove basic stability then I do a overnight run of Prime95 and finished off by 20 IntelBurnTest runs.

EDIT: I haven't done too many benches yet as wprime gives an error and I haven't bothered to do 3dmark so I dont know what to expect. I did do some quick runs of Cinebench r10 and it scores 4295 at 2.13ghz. So far, I managed to breakthrough 2Ghz but cannot pass 2.1ghz stable. This is either due to the RAM running at 1040mhz at 6-6-6-15 timings (too fast) or not enough vcore. Both fixable.
    Sorry for the taped reply, mobile browsing is so... Slow and messy.
    EDIT EDIT: I haven't tried gaming but my current GPU overclock (575/800) holds fine so far.
    BTW, thanks for the rep guys. Be sure to rep nando4 and Dufus as well, as they figured out this mod in the first place.

7. some guy

some guy Modding Addict

Reputations:
    awesome sir!

+1

i am sending back my R1 and waiting for a good deal on a R2 now. but this great news!

8. lie495fc

lie495fc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    DAVYGT you the man.

9. utrillalm

utrillalm Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    can you post a photo or a paint diagram (lol) about how you soldered the resistor to pin 14? whats the value of the resistor you used, 1K, 2K or another?

10. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    Wow, congrats DavyGT, Nice work man. Son you got some big b@11$. +rep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.