M11x clock generator ICS9LPRS387BKLF

Discussion in 'Alienware M11x' started by duffyanneal, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duffyanneal

duffyanneal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    FYI, for those interested in these type of things :D the clock generator in the M11x is a ICS9LPRS387BKLF.

The reason I know this is that when my M11x arrived the right speaker didn't work. After a little surgery the speaker was repaired. While I was in there I took a few pics and found the clock gen. I took a quick swipe with SetFSB, but it doesn't have support for that particular chip. I guess if someone is motivated enough they could give it a try or work with the creator of the software to implement support.

2. rpg-XPS

rpg-XPS Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's great Duffy, thank you for going to that trouble. It's unfortunate that SetFSB doesn't support that particular PLL. I also notice after a quick Google that the clock generator is the same in the M11x as the Dell Mini 10v. I know some of the Mini guys like OC'ing their netbooks so I'll have a look through the Dell Mini forums tomorrow. I may find some helpful information there.

3. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    Unfortunately the creator of SetFSB, Abo, No longer supports the product and will not update it. :eek:

+1 for finding it. Any chance you got a pic?

4. rpg-XPS

Reputations:
    I received a response from CPUCool in relation to addding support for the M11x's PLL:
    I have e-mailed IDT and hope to hear from them soon. I'll keep the thread updated with my endeavours.

5. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
  6. rpg-XPS

Reputations:
    No problem DR650SE. Thanks for having a look around, there are a lot of datasheets for different clock generators on the IDT website but not for this one. I just hope they're prepared to give it to me!

7. duffyanneal

Reputations:
    Yeah I did some digging for info when I first opened my machine last week. Strange how you can't really find a data sheet for the device. That is so weird. Who makes something like that and doesn't publish any data about it?

8. duffyanneal

Reputations:

Here you go. I also included a picture of the inside of the right speaker. The silver disk is the permanent magnet which in my case had come loose and was rattling inside the enclosure. I had to crack open the sealed speaker, reglue the magnet, and glue the case shut. Works fine. No telling how much money I saved Dell. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Is the SetFSB source code available? I'm sure there's plenty of saavy programmers even here at NBR that might be able to incorporate the proper parameters?

10. rpg-XPS

Reputations:
    I think it is but according to SetFSB's webpage, the code is entirely in Japanese! I also decided to e-mail Abo about it just to see what information he could offer on the subject, and it doesn't look good:
    I will wait and see what IDT say and send it on to CPUCool, but in lieu of the above information, it might be all in vain. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.