1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

M11x bluetooth - enable/disable?

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by mx11hopeful, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mx11hopeful

mx11hopeful Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How do you properly enable/disable bluetooth on the m11x? Talking about any software and/or the device.

I don't use it and assumed it's probably on by default. Unless it's off until you run the software for the first time? Thanks

2. ittekimasu

ittekimasu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think fn+f3 enables/disables both wireless/bluetooth

3. RAQemUP

RAQemUP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You could go to Start->Devices and Printers->then right click the M11x and go to the Bluetooth options to enable/disable the bluetooth radio.

Edit: Ya disabling the wireless disables bluetooth at the same time. Maybe I will see if I can make a hotkey for just disabling/enabling the bluetooth.

4. BatBoy

BatBoy NBR Community Moderator

Reputations:
    Just disable it via the BIOS (F2 @ startup) if you don't use it. End of story :)

5. apt2l

apt2l Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I normally right click on the Bluetooth icon in the system tray to turn it on or off. Works well for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.