Lost TPM 2.0 and Overclocking problems on my GX800VH

Discussion in 'Asus' started by stefan063, Oct 26, 2021.

1. stefan063

stefan063 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a problem regarding TPM 2.0

After powering on my GX800 I noticed slow boot time. Black screen was almoast a minute present until ROG logo appeared. Then after booting to windows I noticed so warning related to Overclocking problem and to get back to BIOS and reset it to defaults. Did that nothing happens. Then I opened HWInfo and saw that TPM2.0 is missing also. Tried flashing BIOS again with same version. Nothing. So I have two problems. TPM2.0 and BIOS CPU settings. What can I do to try and resolve the isue?

Attached Files:

2. stefan063

Reputations:
  3. nightingale

nightingale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you have been through the bios, do you notice anything called the "overclock lock"? intel recently in the past year or so has had a patch fix to fix security vulnerabilities that turned off overclocking, but you can turn that lock off in the bios and you will be able to overclock again

I imagine your TPM 2.0 is a similar situation where you have to turn it back on in the bios

these settings should be under the advanced options menu

4. stefan063

Reputations:
    That is the point. I don't see anything regarding OVERCLOKING nor TPM or something similar in Advanced menu, well, nowhere. All of this happened all of a sudden. Laptop just restarted on it self and after restart I noticed little delay between restart and POST screen (ROG). After login in to Windows that screen regarding overclock. I have ordered new BIOS chip from eBay and I'll see whether it will resolve the issue.