Lost my router's IP

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by huai, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huai

huai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the following setup:

My ISP's provided (crappy) router is sitting on 192.168.0.1, DHCP range is set to 192.168.0.4 - .255
    My own Asus RT-AC68U running Merlin is set to wireless bridge mode, and has the IP set to 192.168.0.2 (DHCP disabled).

This setup has been working fine for me for over a year. I've been able to administer both routers without issue. Today my wireless connection to the AC router has been dropping intermittently - both on the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band. I tried to target it in my browser by going to http://192.168.0.2 and got ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

Rebooted both routers and the connection is steady, but I can't seem to reach the Asus management console. I can't ping it (Destination Host Unreachable), and running a network node scan using Axence netTools produces a list of devices as 192.168.0.1, and then starting at 192.168.0.4 as expected. I did a quick count and can account for all the devices that are showing up on the node map as not being the Asus bridge.

Logging into the ISP's router admin page and looking at the LAN client list there produces a list that's a hodge podge of devices connected directly to it and those that are coming in through the bridge. The bridge does not show up as a client.

And yet despite all this my wireless connectivity is working fine. Any suggestions to find my bridge on the network?

2. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    the easy ways
    1. asus have a piece of software (ASUS Device Discovery) that scan the network and look for the router. /any other software than scan the network and report their name/MAC
    or 2. look in the isp router and try to dig the IP it is given

the not really needed way.
    reset everything and setup piece by piece~~~

3. huai

huai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you read my post, you'll see I already did #1 and 2.
    At this point planning to disconnect the Asus router from the network and connect to it directly with an ethernet cable and see if I can get in that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.