Looking for multi-use video editing/gaming 2 n 1

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by bambamxcore6, Mar 14, 2018.

?

Buy now or wait a month

1. Buy now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. wait

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bambamxcore6

bambamxcore6 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey there, I'm looking for a new laptop. I'm decently computer savvy however still learning quite a bit on what things mean i.e., RAM, SSD, cores and whatnot. I am looking specifically for a 2 n 1 hybrid. I'm hoping to use this to do some good quality video and sound editing as well as play the occasional game. I was looking at the Surface Book 2 15" but it was a little on the pricier side so I was trying to avoid that one. I've narrowed it down to something with 8 gen i7 processor and ideally nvdia genx graphics. Any ideas? I just want to be able to do some cool graphic video editing works and drawing while still having the freedom to play some decent games.

General Questions

1) What is your budget?
    ~1500 would be perfect. Also, if it can be financed, also +.

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    13-16" in
    3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
    US so online or I can go in store if cheaper?

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    a. Like:
    b. Dislike: don't really want MAC
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    Sure if it's good quality

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
    Video import, editing, drawing and Photoshop. Gaming and music editing.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
    BOTH

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
    Yes. Old school Age of Mythology, steam games. New Diablo. Probably nothing too crazy.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
    Decent

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    Doesn't matter

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
    Prefer windows

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
    Good quality. Doesn't have to be the best but pretty good.

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
    Either

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    Not really.

15) When are you buying this laptop?
    SOON but can wait if there's a deal a-brewing.

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
    Years. Longevity is ideal.

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
    Enough space to hold video files but I also have an external HD to utilize.

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner
    Not necessary unless some of the programs I need to edit require CDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.