Looking for Laptop for Gaming and Photography

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by 244ever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. rlk

rlk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Or a part of the screen. This was observed when watching e. g. mostly a single channel with a fixed logo. I could see that happening with a laptop if the desktop or some other fixed element is showing most of the time.

2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    tech is like phones....I have a s6 and its fine after 6 years of the static background image...there really is no arguement for it these days

ClassicNerdGirl likes this.
  3. Jupiter0401

Jupiter0401 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If your main purpose is photo and video editing, I will suggest OLED panel. I got my AERO 15 OLED last year, the colors and the contrast of the OLED are unbeatable, it was a great tool for my work in content creation and SD card reader is much easier for me to transfer data from mini SD card to laptop.

4. ClassicNerdGirl

ClassicNerdGirl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's what I said, it requires a long term exposure to an image. That's honestly a user error given the nature of OLEDs. I use my machine hours and hours every day, I don't have any issues with burn in.

5. 244ever

244ever Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for sharing your experience! How long have your owned your AERO? How about the color accuracy? I do like the design of AERO.

ClassicNerdGirl likes this.
  6. ClassicNerdGirl

ClassicNerdGirl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have had my laptop for over six months, I literally work on it 12 hours a day non-stop. I seriously don't know how I could change back to a regular screen at this point. I have to give presentations to clients, that OLED is so vibrant, the presentations just pop and clients are BLOWN away, and I NEVER have to color calibrate to get accurate print results. Plus, my eyes don't get tired using this laptop and that is a totally new experience for me, I've never been able to sit in front of the screen like this without severe fatigue, so I'm super in love with my machine LOL - Not that you can tell.

244ever likes this.