Looking for Laptop for Gaming and Photography

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by 244ever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. 244ever

244ever Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm looking for a laptop to use for photography and also gaming on the side. Which display options are the best for this? I saw the new OLED panels but is it worth it to lose higher refresh rates?

2. GBT-notebook

GBT-notebook Newbie

Reputations:
    Try with the OLED Panel i think you will have a great experince

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  3. Techtek123

Techtek123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OLED is nice because the colors just look that much better. I don't want to go back to an lcd backlight after seeing true black. But i still think that a higher refresh rate is more worth it if you want to game as well.

4. 244ever

244ever Newbie

Reputations:
    I do play some games, but my main purpose is photo and video editing? any suggestions on a laptop?

5. petitcat

petitcat Newbie

Reputations:
    Heard about GIGABYTE has OLED options. I also heard about Razer has Oled option as well. Isn't it a more well-known brand?

6. rlk

rlk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Keep in mind that all OLED panels do have burn-in; if that's giong to be a problem for you long-term, there are other wide-gamut 4K panels.

7. Franky Jain

Franky Jain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My Samsung mobile also use OLED panel, but I have not encountered any burn-in issue after 3 years use, I guest the laptops panel use same Samsung OLED panel which should not be a concern for the same. My TV also purchased the Pioneer which used the plasma panel and people also worry about the burn-in issue, however, after 10 years used, the color still looks vivid. :)

8. ClassicNerdGirl

ClassicNerdGirl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Actually, burn in is only a problem if you leave the screen on a single image a LONG term. I've been using an OLED panel for the last 6 months and I use it ALLLLL day long. No burn in issues at all. If you want the best display ever get an OLED, the depth of field is amazing and the colors are out of this world. Here's a great CNET article on OLED panels https://www.cnet.com/news/oled-laptop-screens-are-worth-it-for-some/ and another regarding the laptop I use which is the AERO 15 OLED - I LOVE it. https://www.cnet.com/reviews/gigabyte-aero-15-oled-review/

9. ClassicNerdGirl

ClassicNerdGirl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought the AERO 15 OLED because Razer's laptops left a bad taste in my mouth after getting one for my artist daughter and it didn't perform well, overheated too easy and didn't have enough ports for her to connect her equipment. It was an expensive mistake.

10. Jupiter0401

Jupiter0401 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I
    I
    I've been working on my AERO 15 OLED since October 2019. It is definitely one of the best laptops I have ever owned. The new OLED panel looks amazing, it's super bright and the colors are very vibrant. I use this laptop for graphic design and photo editing. The laptop met all my expectations.