Looking for advice on custom Mean Maxed Out Mobile 3D machine in Dubai

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by geez73, Aug 4, 2019.

1. geez73

geez73 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all!
    Looking into replacing my MacBook Pro with a serious work horse for the future couple years.
    Mostly along the lines of the Eurocom Sky X4C, which i am looking at because:

i9-900K / up to 128 GB Ram (!!!) / 2070RTX / Thunderbolt (in regards of possible future eGPU use)

Any input / advice / caveats... it doesn't have to be pretty, can be bulky, still should be about 15".
    International warranties are a huge plus. I know there are a couple of manufacturers in the US and Europe who use the same shell so to say, would be great to know who would provide solid support in the UAE.

The laptop is planned to be used mostly for Cinema4D and 3rd party render engines, graphic design work, potentially video editing. Eurocom says something about "Adobe 100% sRGB" which as such does not exist so would be interested on input / experiences there... colour fidelity would be great for design stuff. not sure if it really needs a 4K / UHD display since the Macbook has a 1680 x 1050 display where i'm not too able to spot pixelation so 1920x1080 might be totally OK.

Also on upgradeability, planning to get it with 2x32GB first and then upgrade 2 more SODIMMs further down the road if needed.

Would be great to get contact of reliable Sales reps and experienced users with similar builds so please share your opinions! For me the whole PC laptop market is a total jungle.

Cheers and thanks,
    -G

2. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    The best option with a 9900k and eGPU use is the Alienware Area51m. It's TB3 port and AGA port each have 4x PCIe off of the CPU instead of through the PCH, so use of either eGPU does not cut into bandwidth for other devices like a NVMe SSD. Technically it is larger and heavier than the X4C but not by much as it has slimmer bezels for a 17".

alaskajoel likes this.
  3. geez73

geez73 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up, checking it out online right now for reviews. Anybody who has this and can share their experience? Also if better bought locally (via Microless etc) or better as an import from the US, and in regards of warranty fulfillment in the UAE

4. geez73

geez73 Newbie

Reputations: