]]>

Looking for a strong gaming laptop.

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Drsmiley72, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Drsmiley72

Drsmiley72 Newbie

Reputations:
    General Questions

1) What is your budget?
    3K max (including shipping costs.)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    17"+ screen is just fine
    3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
    Im buying it online But illI be shipping it to usa

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    Not particularly
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    I'd much prefer new.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
    Gaming

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
    Occasionally taking it out.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
    Yes lots

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
    Whatever is fine. It can/will be plugged in most of the time

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    Either way.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
    Windows 10 is fine

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
    I don't need 4k.. But 1080 or 2k.

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
    Either is fine.

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    No

15) When are you buying this laptop?
    Within the next few wweeks

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
    Years.
    Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
    1T shoukd be fine. And A SSD Would be nice

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
    Not necnecess.

==========

2. slimmolG

slimmolG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    lol.. I think it might be easier to suggest a laptop if you expanded a little on the "Any 17" laptop that runs Windows is fine" idea.

Are you looking for super-fast? Awesome graphics? Any plans for other type of work/play? The difference in suggested laptops could be $1.5-->$3k

And I highly recommend an SSD. It's not only nice, it's pretty much a requirement for a serious machine of any sort ;)

3. Drsmiley72

Drsmiley72 Newbie

Reputations:
    Well i did say an ssd wouldwbw nice. And was kind of hoping that "strong gaming laptop would give it away "

4. slimmolG

slimmolG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Then the following laptop should suffice as a strong gaming laptop, and their Dispatch shipping service only cost me $15, so you'll have an extra $15 in the bank to spare!

@Donald@HIDevolution at HIDevo will be able to help you sort out the details

EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM1 17.3" Custom Built VR Ready Gaming Laptop w/ 1x or 2x GTX 1080
    $2,970.00

EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM1 Custom Built VR Ready Gaming Laptop - 17.3" 3K QHD (2560x1440) AUO 120Hz 5ms with G-Sync Technology or 4K QFHD (3840x2160) AUO Matte LCD with G-Sync Technology - w/ Single or DUAL nVIDIA GTX 1080 in SLi - Intel 8th Generation "Coffee Lake" Delidded, Under Volted and Overclocked Core i7 Unlocked Desktop Processors w/ Prema Custom BIOS - 16GB DDR4/2666MHz upgradeable to 64GB DDR4/3000MHz Memory - Up to 3x M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe or SATA SSDs + Up to 2x 2.5" SATA III 2TB HDD or 4TB SSD - Windows 10 or Windows 10 Pro (Optional)

Phoenix likes this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    I recommend you this one:

MSI GT73VR 7RF TITAN PRO-HID1

The price is amazing and so is the performance, screen, keyboard, cooling, and it's a laptop that works out of the box without the need to do anything special like repasting or running a cooling pad.

It's the same one I have right now and I've been using it for more than a year now, this is the longest I've owned a laptop without switching so that should tell you enough.

You just can't get any better in terms of performance to price ratio and the screen is like one of the best screens out there. Se my full review here, it's actually the same one despite the little model variance according to the specs:

MSI GT73VR 7RF Titan Pro-425 Review By Phoenix

The great thing about this is since the GT75VR Titan Pro is out now which only has a small difference and that it has a mechanical keyboard, you're essentially getting the same laptop at a much lower price leaving you with room to even upgrade to a bigger SSD or more RAM since it's way below your max budget.

Also if you order it from HIDevolution, they have their own little cooling tweaks like the Fujipoly pads, very good quality control and testing to ensure you get a laptop that works great out of the box.

Don't forget to email donald@hidevolution.com to get your NBR Forum discount, just tell him the laptop/specs you want and your NBR Forum username to get your discount.

slimmolG likes this.