Looking for a small / tiny gaming laptop. (Smallest possible)

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by DrClone, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrClone

DrClone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm doing an personal project and I need your help!

I am looking for a small portable gaming laptop (Under 13.3" in laptop) that are equipped with Haswell CPU.

I would LOVE to find a gaming laptop that have a 11.1" screen, but I'm having a hard time finding one.

Can you list those available gaming laptops that are under 11.1" and under 13.3"?

No requirements needed, just the screen size and are equipped with Haswell CPU.

Thanks

2. Tmets

Tmets De-evolving to Amoeba

Reputations:
    Err no. There was the AW M11x and Clevo W110ER, but neither are current and not due replacement. The smallest screen size with what could be considered a proper gaming laptop is 13.3" in the Clevo W230ST unless someone knows something different.

3. DrClone

Reputations:
    As I feared...I guess these are the only options...but you can include ultrabooks such as UX302LG which packs a 730m.

I am trying to see all the possible mods I could make.

4. Zero000

Zero000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Tiny and gaming don't go well together unless you are talking about Android or iOS games for the most part.

5. DrClone

Reputations:
    Well my Alienware M11X was small and plays games well today, loving those 6 hours battery life. It packs a Nvidia 335M GT so I'm sure that there is another laptops that uses 735M GT or even 740M GT.

I played Bioshock Infinite on it and maintained about 30-55 fps on the lowest setting. Tiny and gaming are possible! (Just not ideal)

Anyway, any laptops that are "tiny" that packs a dedicated graphics? (Doesn't have to be high end.)

6. qweryuiop

qweryuiop Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    W110ER, hard to find today because its older tech

11 inch laptops these days are ultrabooks only, and no, to fit a dedicated graphics in an 11 inch chasis it needs to be thick and weighs above a 15 inch ultrabook/ 14 inch ultraportable(that is a light weight thin notebook but not an ultrabook)

please, i'd like to get some thoughts on why you'd like it that tiny, is it the size that fits your bag, or the weight that fits you, maybe its just me but running a game on a 14 inch screen is already struggling regardless of its resolution

7. DrClone

Reputations:
    The reason why I wanted tiny, is that I would like to customize the chassis of the laptop to create a "DIY" laptop. Basically what I'm doing is taking the design of the Alienware 14 into Alienware 13 by using custom fabrication without optical drive.

tl;dr I want to make an upgrade from my Alienware M11X (not modding it) by creating a new chassis that looks identical to the modern Alienware in the 13.3" format. I know you will say that's it not possible...it is...it's just not for the regular consumers.

Basically, the smaller the motherboard with dedicated graphics of a laptop will make the modification easier.

8. jpowell490

jpowell490 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Why don't you look at the Microsoft Surface Pro 2? It has the Haswell processor and can play most games just fine. I had one, I know.

9. Tmets

Tmets De-evolving to Amoeba

Reputations:
    I'm sure it is possible, but what's the point? The M14 isn't an especially good design anyway. It's not as if it will be better than what's currently available in that size.

10. Jobine

Jobine Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Lenovo X230(t) with eGPU. Not the X240 because weaker ULV CPU

It will be the best small size gaming dwarf however you will not be able to game on the go. Though it has amazing battery life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.