Looking for a printer...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cloudbyday, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudbyday

cloudbyday Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for the recommendations, now we are getting somewhere. The canon mentioned looks like a good one. I probably will get that one, if I don't see something else that catches my eye. So right now I am stuck between getting the MX870 or MP560 for a hundred bucks less.

The MX is a bit more appealing as in the looks and probably newer. It probably is a bit higher quality and should last me forever.

The MP is decent looking with the same great features that the MX has, just probably watered down a bit (slower ppm, slower copy, and the like). Should last me till I get out of college. Uses the same cartilage and pretty cheap. I can't find it anywhere but what is the capacity of the ink in relation to how many papers it can print?

2. mulletman13

mulletman13 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you considered a laserjet at all? All through college I had a wireless all in one, and I used the scanner one single time, and I printed in color... twice. Recently I got a cheap ($35) laserjet and could not be happier. Toner hasn't gone out in nearly 8 months, and if I print in color I do it professionally at Kinko's.

3. BamAlmighty

BamAlmighty Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    avoid the HP photosmarts, they waste ink like it's free.

the carts only last me a couple months and that is just from the printer doing its maintenance routines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.