Looking for a new Triband router.

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by jabartram, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jabartram

jabartram Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a linksys ea9500, that failed miserably after a very short power outage, lost all 2.4 and 5ghz, performed a factory reset, but it did not help, could not even connect to it hardwired. so i put my nighthawk x4s back up for now.

It did finally come back to life after being unplugged for an hour or so, but the fact is i dont trust it anymore and it runs my camera system.

So im in the process of deciding between 3 routers as replacement, nighthawk x10 (which actually to expensive, so its not really on my list).
    Nighthawk x8
    Nighthawk x6s

I know there are other brands but i have always had good luck with Netgear.
    Does anyone have experience with either one?

2. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Maybe you'd be better off buying an UPS that would both protect the router from power outages and power surges?
    It's hardly Linksys' fault what had happened and the same thing will happen with any other device.

Why don't you consider something like this?

alexhawker likes this.
  3. jabartram

jabartram Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    none of my other routers failed. i have 2 others as ap's, and a second wifi system on another isp.

Regardless of whether it was just a glitch, or possibly an issue with the linksys router, im still looking for input and the 2 nighthawk routers.

4. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    Holy crap they actually call a router with 2x 5GHz radios Tri-Band?! Something is definitely wrong with marketing people. X10 is Netgear's only real Tri-Band router AFAIK.

ellalan, Vasudev and downloads like this.