Looking for a laptop with mechanical keyboard, anyone know?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by PLiu327, Mar 27, 2020.

1. PLiu327

PLiu327 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've been looking for a laptop with mechanical keyboard, anyone have suggestions? Prefer a laptop that is easily portable because I travel a lot, type a lot and play games, need a keyboard that will last and types well. I use a mechanical keyboard when I'm home but don't have this option when I travel. Hopefully there are good options out there. Thanks!

2. 244ever

244ever Newbie

Reputations:
    I know MSI has a model with mechanical keyboard, I think it's the Titan. But it's quite heavy, not suitable for travel. Is mechanical keyboard on a laptop really necessary? Don't think there is a good laptop with mechanical keyboard.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  3. PLiu327

PLiu327 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yea, that one is very big and desktop replacement. looking for something lighter and portable. I think having a mechanical keyboard is a luxury to have, regular laptop keyboards don't type well IMO not to mention gaming on it, Mech KB may not be necessary, but I definitely will enjoy travelling with my laptop more and using it on the road.

244ever likes this.
  4. Techtek123

Techtek123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i do like the idea of Mechanical keyboard, personally think it really help you type more quickly and more accurately. I saw one from GIGABYTE i think it's the AORUS brand it looks actually pretty cool.

5. HealzKween

HealzKween Newbie

Reputations:
    Funny, I don't like using mechanical keyboards for everyday writing, but man I used to love those for button mashing spells when I played a Nuke. I ran across your post (been researching for some freelance work I'm doing) and so I did some google searches and I saw that Titan you were talking about, it's pretty hefty. But then I saw this AORUS 17, dang, it's pretty slick and it's made by Gigabyte. I have one of the AERO laptops, cause honestly I just don't game like I used to and frankly, the whole "big chunky loud" gaming laptops weren't ever my style, but if I was gaming I know I'd pick up another Gigabyte laptop cause the quality is amazing, it's not cheap plastic and the cooling system rocks. And they claim to have an Omron switch, I didn't know Omron did laptop stuff, but dang that's pretty cool.

Good luck on your search.

6. Jupiter0401

Jupiter0401 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I saw that GIGABYTE also has mechanical keyboard laptop with good reviews, but it only comes with 17 inch. Wondering if they are going to come up with a 15 inch.

7. petitcat

petitcat Newbie

Reputations:
    I read some rumor from other threads that there might be some new laptop coming up soon. Has anyone heard about that too?

8. Pingupingu

Pingupingu Newbie

Reputations:

Hey take a look at this video, it mentions lots of good points lol

9. Franky Jain

Franky Jain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    "Mechanical keyboards will speed up your typing,improve the accuracy, easy to press, type faster and most important is rarely wear out." it will be the best choice for people who is typing a lot from their job and play.

upload_2020-3-28_12-16-55.png

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  10. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You may want to consider the FAQ stuck at the top of this forum and post back or start a new thread as your FAQ will now be on page two of your thre. That would help us flesh things out as to what you want or need. You've been a bit stingy with the details, other than wanting a mechanical keyboard. Good Luck.