Looking for a good cooling pad for Razer Blade

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Trigger10, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger10

Trigger10 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all - looking for a good cooling pad for the Razer Blade 14" model. My old targus bit the dust, so am in the market to upgrade. Not worried about budget - willing to spend up to $200 for a good pad. This one caught my eye but wanted to get some thoughts and opinions here. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Coo...478202636&sr=1-10&refinements=p_36:1253506011

2. breaktimeplayer

breaktimeplayer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Check out the cool master notepal U3, guys wiser than me recommeded it

kosti and Kent T like this.
  3. kosti

kosti Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That N200 is not cheap and I am not sure how effective it will be with stock USB powered fans. Your best bet is to get a U3 like breaktimeplayer said (may be a bit big for the Razer 14) or maybe the smaller U2 and replace the stock USB fans with 12V 120mm desktop fans powered by an external 12VDC power adapter. The U3 will accept three 120mm fans and the U2 will accept two 120mm fans perfectly and the fan mounting holes even align perfectly with the holes on the cooler's base. The fans should also align nicely with the air inlet holes on your laptop.

If you decide to go this route, I can provide you with helpful links for good fans and power supplies, fan controllers, and wiring diagrams to put it together. It's not hard to do at all.

4. Trigger10

Trigger10 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks guys - I picked up three different options to test them out. Went with the Logitech N200, then two Targus models - dual fan chill mat (15.6" model), and Lap Chill Mat (17" model). The Logitech was $150, the 15.6" Targus was $40 and the 17" was $30. Hands down, the 17" Targus was the best. The spacing of the vents and placement of the fans for the 14" Blade is perfect and provides the highest level of cooling out of the 3. And it was the cheapest, so bonus there. Appreciate the replies and recommendations, hope this info above help in regards to the Blade. Thanks again.

kosti likes this.
  5. Shayn3rs

Shayn3rs Newbie

Reputations:
    Would doing this greatly increase its performance?

6. kosti

kosti Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.