Looking for 15" Laptop with the BEST screen currently available.

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by awaisuk, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awaisuk

awaisuk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hello,

I have simple requirements for laptop. I am looking at a laptop with the following specs:

- QHD+ screen. 2k-4k Screen - Will be used to view HD Multimedia
    - Integrated or Dedicated graphics card. I dont like Optimus solutions, or battery saving solutions. Thats why I would prefer just one main graphics card. I dont play games so it is not an issue.

Currently I have Dell XPS l502x (2011 model) with 1080p screen. At the time, the screen was one of the best available in the market. But I want to upgrade to something more high quality.

To recap, looking for a laptop with high quality screen(QHD+) to view high definition multimedia.

Budget: $2000

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Nate8080

Nate8080 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    XOTIC PC | Sager NP9752-S (Clevo P750ZM) - Laptop w/ Intel i7-4790 Processor

This right here, comes with the most powerful mobile card to date and a desktop class processor. Also best bang for your buck, can't get any cheaper for a machine like that. 4k sharp screen bumps it up to a little over 2k retail price. Even if you don't play games the 980 GTX will help tremendously with rendering. Literally brand new, just released over the weekend.

3. Ramzay

Ramzay Notebook Connoisseur

Reputations:
    Since you don't play games, that Clevo may be overkill.

The new Dell XPS 15 looks nice. Thin, light, nice screen. And well within your budget.

4. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The best notebook screen you can buy from a quality perspective is the HP Zbook 15 with the DreamColor LCD, though it is only FHD. Your budget might be a bit low, but check the HP Outlet and I've heard you can haggle with the reps, but don't have any firsthand knowledge.

The ThinkPad T540 with the 3K LCD could work, though it is not as good as the DreamColor, but it weighs less and you can get it with an Intel card, so there's no need to keep a GPU cool.

5. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Keep in mind that resolution does not necessarily equal better quality. Unless you need the additional real estate, I would 2nd the HP Zbook.

Kent T likes this.
  6. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    ^^^^^^^

This. Times a zillion. And another vote for any DreamColor-equipped HP laptop...

Kent T likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.