Looking at Dell Precision, anything else?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by HessExpress, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Typically if something is going to break it does so within the warranty period. Sometimes for high value items it's a consideration to get one. Most of the time though it's a waste of cash. Squaretrade warranty options though are cheap enough to consider again for certain items.

I can count the number of times I've bought a warranty in the past on one hand.

2. lucirz

lucirz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i would look at a dell precision used on ebay.. you can fidn a lot of them in good condition and with good price rather than buy new from dell for higher prices. I bought my precision 7720 used back in 2018 on ebay for like $550 and the specs are good and it's working great still. Though i noticed that prices of the precisions used on ebay went up like 350-$400 during covid and stayed at that higher price still...Maybe i think used precision on ebay are better for the $$ to spec ratio. Look at a 7730 or 7730 on ebay.

3. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I haven't bought any PC / laptop direct in decades. I haven't had any issues with any of them either. It's an easy way to not spend more than you have to. Besides EB another good place to hunt for deals is FB marketplace. FB can be a bit "difficult" in getting some sellers to do something other than in person transactions but, I saved a few hundred on a couple of things recently. Not being content with how things are designed I'm always researching options to add on to them before pulling the trigger on a particular item. Going into a purchase with that in mind to get the best price to be able to upgrade it at the same time makes a difference.