Looking at buying a netbook

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by devize, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devize

devize Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys im looking at buying a new netbook and I was wondering which ones you recommend. I've been looking at the Asus N10Jc with its 9300m gpu and I've heard it can play some games at decent framerates.

I also wanted to know whether there are any new netbooks coming soon and if I should hold out on buying one and wait till something better comes out, like fast processors or better gfx cards.

2. sporx

sporx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    depending on what your needs are i would go with the samsung nc10. currently im pretty sure the asus is the only "netbook" (kind of out of price for a netbook) with a graphics card, so if you are looking for some gaming,thats your best bet... but its going to be low end gaming becuase thats a weak gpu. and from what ive read you wont see to big a difference in specs for the netbooks until next summer when the next processor comes out.
    however, if you are looking for portability, a comfortable, usable keyboard i would highly recomend the samsung. it has by far the best keyboard to date for a netbook, and over 7 hours of battery life!

3. jetstar

jetstar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Please fill out the FAQ for more recommendations.

4. devize

Reputations:
    Yeah i wouldn't mind a bit of the casual gaming like cs:s every now and then but the asus does look a bit chunky. Thanks I'll have a look at the samsung, maybe I might wait till the new processors are out, will there be much difference in performance compared to the netbooks out now?

5. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    if you are gonna spend the money on the N10j i would tell you to at least consider the Lenovo T400 or the HP DV4 as they also have 9200/9300gs and the price is about the same :D

6. devize

Reputations:
    Thanks the HP looks decent and I've started to reconsider the n10 as I've heard nvidia are bringing out an 9400m for netbooks anyway. I would still like a smaller screen between 10-13" as I've already got a 15" notebook, I wanted a smaller one that I can carry around easily with the option for a bit of light gaming :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.