[Liquid Metal Showdown] Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut vs Cool Laboratory Liquid Ultra / Pro

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by iunlock, May 11, 2016.

1. VICKYGAMEBOY

VICKYGAMEBOY Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    lol i updated all those even before posting.. i mean i check winraid often.. what i meant is 11.8 is officially out.. not the driver.. im talking about firmware.. but the problem is conflict with BIOS. and yes im using latest ME driver... just uselss garbage PCH throttle. 81c on latest BIOS + intel ME 11.8. even with latest TS, after unticking BD proc.. it still triggers.. Welp DELL

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Pete Light

Pete Light Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Definitely check, it does move if not prevented and the laptop is moved around often! Tape alone is not enough

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Pete Light

Pete Light Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    81C for PCH is no problem. It's not throttling is it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Vasudev likes this.
  4. VICKYGAMEBOY

Reputations:
    81C for PCH is no problem for other OEMs, but for DELL with latest BIOS / drivers, its near trigger range, anywhere between 81C - 86C..

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  5. VICKYGAMEBOY

Reputations:
    tested my new motherboard with stock dell Shin Etzu paste with no mods, stock dell drivers with bios 1.3.10 and Intel ME 11.0.1194 the basic one which comes with most systems, so far temps are good, previous motherboard max turbo voltage 1.245v, this motherboard max 1.190v, GPU came with Samsung Memory, same like before, ASIC quality 74.2%, PCH throttled around 85C like you mentioned @Vasudev , So yeah the oldest firmware got higher Trip point, Newest after 11.6 is worst with 80-82c, i think 11.6 is best i guess, or even 11.0 is fine, but still it does throttle, no VRM issues at all, its just PCH, now ill call them in few days and replace new heatsink, bottom base along with screen, i was thinking to buy new LP156WF7 SPS1 which is 2017 edition with touch and 400nits IPS FHD lanel with 40 PINS.. same dimensions as KFKVO, mounting bracket size same.. 80 Euros, or im thinking to get the 15 R2 QHD Touchscren version with the Bezel, which looks damn cooool.. but its 200 dollars refurbished on Parts people.. i want to try new hackintosh :)

Vasudev likes this.
  6. VICKYGAMEBOY

Reputations:
    i wish w10 update system was like old 8.1 or windows 7 where you can choose to download what u want.. drivers etc. W10 is more like brute force.. im not sure where they are taking RS4, acrylic, transparency, broken shell design.. even a stardock windows 7 themes looked better back then..

Vasudev likes this.
  7. King Jaime D. Crisologo

King Jaime D. Crisologo Newbie

Reputations:
    Notice me sir? Can I use this kind of sponge?
    [​IMG]

Vistar Shook and MiSJAH like this.
  8. Niarus

Niarus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Green part of this foam is too dense and rough, and yellow is too porous. I would choose another one with a uniform texture.

Vasudev and MiSJAH like this.
  9. arenaboy007

arenaboy007 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How do I prevent the conductonaut LM from shooting out of the syringe? It messed up my Gigabyte laptop because of this and wasted the whole 5 grams. I squeezed it as delicately as I can, but it still splashed all over the mobo. I'm lucky Gigabyte still repaired my laptop for free.

10. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Happened to me as well, but thankfully not on the motherboard. I am hoping to have more success on the second try.

Vasudev and MiSJAH like this.