Liquid Metal GS75 Stealth,

Discussion in 'MSI' started by jojonono, Sep 30, 2020.

1. stumbler

stumbler Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It mainly depends on your skill set.I believe your rig is the new one with the mobo that has to be removed for upgrades.If so thats a con there. Secondly you might require a second coat of LM at a later date if you didnt get it quite right the first time so ergo twice the work. LM if applied properly should last longer than any of the pastes before a re do .If you have any doubt about your abilities, dont do it. If you do I can say that the Coollabratory Ultra is fairly easy to work with.Not quite as highly rated as the grizzly stuff by a minimal margin but more of a pasty consistency that does not run all over like those terrifying videos the sensationalists post,very stable.I stenciled my heatsink LM application and the sharp lines on the border after the tape was removed could not be moved by slapping the heatsink on the side of the table, So!
    If you trust your abilities go for it.The biggest danger involved is when you lower the heatsink onto the mobo.If you dont have the die and heatsink contact patches aligned, things can go south quickly and you cant see it happening. Particularily when you are using the recommended Foam Gaskets for Just in Case Protection. (Check my Posts) .

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  2. stumbler

stumbler Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Ahhh! Dont know what happened here so I will fill the space.
    To remove the MSI Blue Paste from the GPU use a wooden toothpick. Scrape the sides upward and work the paste into a ball on the top center. Then pick off the ball. The paste is rubbery and rolls into itself easily. Sounds intensive but after a minute you will see how quickly it goes. Used this method when I found that the paste could not be dissolved with Iso or Acetone.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  3. NeXt3R

NeXt3R Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    from my testing "gt75 7820hk"
    for stability and others --better thermal paste
    ,.,.when find any high end paste :D

and LM
    works fine ,,.but this come after time
    first rebuild not must works stable or long time "LM is absorbed in copper faster"
    after 3x re-paste --possitible use LM --year stable "but you must have luck"

I only use LM ,,, but sometimes it is possible "when it's dry" - the problem with shutting down for 40C "difficult to determine what's wrong"
    .,,.,when it works - 100W - 75C - no problem .D

Of course it wants to work with LM carefully
    best is 3m tape // nail polish /// any isolation around - silicone or foam

for mobility --better paste
    I'm still afraid that it will leak somewhere during transport and destroy the board "now only using foam"

using "tg conductonaut"

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  4. stumbler

stumbler Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021 at 2:42 PM