Linux Tips and Tweaks and Other Help

Discussion in 'Linux Compatibility and Software' started by Mr. Fox, Jul 15, 2020.

1. werdmonkey4321

werdmonkey4321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try, but he power limit slider is still locked out though. I just ended up redoing the shunt mod so that it has a lower limit on the power. Ubuntu just doesn't give me much control over the power in software for my RTX 2070 Super Max-Q gpu.

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Well, I just did a clean install of the latest POP_OS! in Legacy BIOS mode and discovered that 5.1 audio works great on the Z490 Dark K|NGP|N mobo.

Screenshot from 2021-02-14 22-17-45.png

FWIW... DOOM runs on Linux with official support. DOOM Eternal is not "official" but using Photon Experimental it seems to work just as well as the prequel.
    I just tested it and it seems perfect.
    DOOM Eternal_1.jpg DOOM Eternal_2.jpg
    I do not care for Middle Earth: Shadow or Mordor or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I own them primarily because they have a built-in benchmark. Both of those run fine as well.
    Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™.jpg Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™.jpg

Kaloyan, Vasudev, alexhawker and 2 others like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I finally found time to carve out half of my 1TB Windows 7 SSD to make some room for Linux on the CPU binning bench. Now every computer I own is running Linux, including the TongFang turdbook. Lutris works well for running Cinebench (spoofing Windows 7).
    Cinebench-Linux-Trio.JPG
    The all-core turbo is 5.0GHz but the BIOS set 5.2GHz on the two favored cores, so Cinebench is seeing that. These are running at 5.0GHz, not 5.2 as Cinebench indicates.

Vasudev likes this.