Linux Mint 18.2 "Sonya"

Discussion in 'Linux Compatibility and Software' started by Phoenix, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead Perfectly Sane

Reputations:
    Odd, I haven't had any issues with my hardware. Haven't tried blue ray though since I don't have a blue ray drive sitting around.

UNCNDL1 likes this.
  2. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just loaded mint onto a 120gb ssd in my 2007 MacBook. It made the computer useful again. OSX is terrible, and mint made it so much more pleasing to use. Its faster, and has up to date software that I can download. All in all it's a winner. I tried eOS and it was more mac like, but that was the issue with it. It's mac like. Mint is nicer!

3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I installed Sonya on my E7440. It seems to work well, but I need to bump the DPI as FHD on a 14" screen is too small for me. I looked around, but only saw a way to adjust the fonts. Is there some way to bump up the DPI? I seem to recall doing this in Ubuntu, but that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    old post but see if this will work for you: https://wbk.one/article/8/dpi-scaling-on-linux-mint

5. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Thanks, I ended up setting the screen to 1600x900, which wasn't too bad, but since I've bumped up to the ProBook, I probably will be selling the Dell.