Linux issues on T440P w/ T450 touchpad

Discussion in 'Linux Compatibility and Software' started by TheReciever, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Even Two finger scrolling didn't fix the issue?

2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    There is no scrolling to even attempt. Touchpad doesnt work at all in any Linux distro and linux cant navigate itself without it, same goes for Android x86 as well.

For the present time I have given up on Linux again. Would love to give it a serious go but if I cant have basic functions... Windows works just fine with no driver versus Linux with any driver. Maybe on the next laptop I get I'll try again who knows

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I observed similar kind of issue when I replaced palm rest and back cover of my ideapad and touchpad worked on Windows but not on Linux since Devid were mismatch and was some generic OEM instead of ELAN. I grabbed heat gun and took out older ELAN board and transplanted it to new body. And it worked on Linux perfectly.
    Seems more like hardware ID whitelist in BIOS/Linux.

4. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I gave up on installing linux on my t440p, which is a shame considering that was half the reason I got it. Thinking about building up a W541 which had the 3 button touchpad from stock.

It has a 3K panel as well so might be an interesting browsing capable / writing / inkarnate kind of machine.

Vasudev likes this.