Linus comes clean about his Razer experience

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Eason, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Eason

Eason Notebook Deity

Reputations:

So delicious.

2. seldN

seldN Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Owned a Razer Blade 2015 14".

Terrible laptop. Battery died within a year. Sourcing a new one in Europe is difficult (and expensive). Keyboard keys were really badly worn after same time. Replacement keyboard? Forget about it...

Oh yeh, single HDMI 1.4 output. Nice one Razer. Should have checked before buying it.

Thank god for eBay.

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  3. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I honestly thought he was too forgiving in this video. To me it sounded like he will still get razer products. And honestly if he was having these problems I would expect him to say something outside of a product review. Especially Linus who has in the past shown he will gladly call out a company if they done wrong. I really think he should've more strongly talked about how terrible the customer service is with a Razer Product. Oh well. . .better than nothing.

Vasudev, Wormwood and Eason like this.
  4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I’m sorry but I had Blade 14 2015, shorts time late 2016 changed it to 2017 due Fans issues within 3 days. Both 2015 and 2017 has no single issue till now (2015 one is used by a friend for photography). Do you guys noticed the RMA reasons, i don’t know about late 2016 model but even I’m not technicall geek I think if it happen to my device I can handle the problems through asking around and googling, before contact support, thanks to this forum and other forums about the Blade. When i was owning 2015 i don’t even know what undervolting was, just using the Blade for gaming. Linus team is technical geek I think, they should handle and know the problems well, but from the comments in the table it like me when I just get new gaming laptops (Blade 2015) after owning MacBook Pro and facing those issues.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. Terreos

Reputations:
    I was lucky and my late 1060 model never had any problems. But, Razer Support has been insanely bad. I tried to order a few things from them and my cancel was ordered. They wanted my Photo I.D. and a photo of my untility bills to verify I was who I was. I refused because I thought it was uncalled for and made purchases through them many times before. Now Razer Support won’t even respond to my emails. I try to tell people that they need to be avoided at all costs since they have terrible buissness practices and basically no support for their products.

Luckily companies like acer and asus are making smaller and smaller laptops that are arguably better than anything Razer offers. So hopefully some friendly competition has them get their act together.

Though I will never buy from them again.

6. Joikansai

Reputations:
    Yes agree, more competition make one manufacture better. I also saw order issues recently, first I thought it was non legit website, I just used my CC last year to buy Blade late 2016 because there was no Paypal options but had no such issues. I think they put more security layers on CC order. Might be up now it’ll be better with PayPal. About CS, i live in Germany, I’m satisfied with support here (always call them since it in Hamburg) they still support even my over 4 years Razer Edge, like providing usb installer free when I had boot issue (undone windows update), and when my stealth order came late they provide almost €80 voucher for cases and €20 for shopping in Razerzone which is nice. I had several issues with i think headquarters marketing team, but CS here covered it and solved the problem, so far I have no complaints about their CS here.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. Terreos

Reputations:
    That's interesting to here that Customer Support is better in Germany. But, I'm glad they're taking care of you. My issue wasn't getting solved so I wanted to talk to a manger on the phone. When I got the call it was just a normal rep. So to me I feel they don't care to fix my issue. So I'm giving up and moving on.

Oh and my issue with payment was with paypal. So it's just ordering with them in general. And I for one was raised to not give out I.D. or sensitive information.

8. Joikansai

Reputations:
    I see, sorry for that. I just ordered jacket with PayPal because they have good deals this week, and it seems the last one on the size, I hope it will go well, we’ll see. Before I bought mouse also with PayPal was no issue, maybe I’m just lucky idk, though I’m agree for not giving ID or sensitive information, as i said above i thought also at first time it was not from “real” Razer CS, since it happened I think recently right?

9. Terreos

Reputations:
    Yeah this happened to me in the last month. So very recent. What gets me is that they kinda play it off as normal. Like you shouldn’t be worried about giving that to them. i Used the example that Sony and Microsoft had their information leaked and were much larger companies. That might be what upset them to not talk to me anymore. Lol.

All honestly it’s ok. I’m over it.

Vistar Shook likes this.