Links to Notebook Bag Makers, Dealers and Reviews

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sonicdivx, Apr 23, 2006.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just ordered an MEC outpost messenger bag for travel with my wife's and my electronics. Its only available in Canada however...but 68 bucks and a great water resistant outer. I can't think of a better looking bag for the price.

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I received the messenger bag, its AWESOME!!!!!!! the red one is now at 45 bucks!

3. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Let us know how it fares, I'll be in the market for a new bag soon, my Everki backpack is ~ 7 years old now and wear is starting to show up. I still estimate it has a while to last still, but better plan for a new backpack and MEC is one option I have available.

4. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You cannot go wrong with MEC. Besides, if you have a problem...send it back! they are awesome at customer service. Most everything outdoors related I own now is from MEC. A lot of my wifes and my clothing, etc all come from MEC because of their wide range of stuff! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

5. MadHater

MadHater Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just quick and hopefully not too ignorant question: is Targus still the No.1 in laptop bags/backpacks business?

I've saved some cash and want to buy a durable bag for my constant travels. Targus appears to be expensive in Europe, so wondering if still worth the reputation.

6. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you are travelling a lot I would look into some different than Targus. Have a look at the mec outpost I have. I know it's Canadian only but something similar would be better . Patagonia have nice ones, also timbuk2 are another durable brand. Targus are just regular bags good for occasional trips. If you are on the move a lot, then grab an outdoor specialized bag for the most wear resistant bags. Even with shipping to you I think the mec outpost messenger bag will be cost effective for you.

MadHater likes this.
  7. MadHater

MadHater Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for a valuable insight. MEC brand, although relatively unknown in these parts, do look good. 98$ + shipping is quite a bit to swallow, though.

8. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    it's 98 bucks now? I paid 46 Canadian for mine. I wanted water resistance, not a black business looking case, with lots of space...that fit the bill.

9. MadHater

MadHater Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5036-093/Outpost-Pack

This is what I found (colour other than red, of course). Looks spacious and claims waterproofness and improved durability. I really like it.

Anyone heard of Samsonite quality in this business? They are all over this place and always on some discount.

10. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have the red one.....I did not want a sterile business looking bag.