Links to Notebook Bag Makers, Dealers and Reviews

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sonicdivx, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Tekorra

Tekorra Newbie

Reputations:
    My bro got me a Timbuk2 bag a couple years back and I think it may be one of the best presents I've ever gotten. I take it with me everywhere and there's hardly any signs of wear. Very sturdy and he got me a large to fit my 17' rig nice and snug. Love it! If you're looking for an everything bag, def consider one.

2. jook33

jook33 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i am having a real difficult time finding a top loader laptop briefcase/messenger bag for a 14" notebook, i bought one from italy but it did not have any brand labeling, it was stolen, i went through the links and i couldn't find anything similar, anyone have any suggestions? i am primarily looking for something synthetic, no leather, waterproof would be nice, but not necessary

it was similar to this

[​IMG]

but not quite as bulky, bit smaller with better compartment features. primarily going to store a 1 inch binder with probably a laptop occasionally although i am switching to a tablet pretty soon..

3. natsinicky

natsinicky Newbie

Reputations:
  4. Sajymundo

Sajymundo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Alienware Vindicator.... Think that's the one I will be going for. GS70 should fit nicely.

5. IronBadger

IronBadger Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm looking for a new backpack to carry around a 15.6" laptop, some binders, notebooks and books all day on campus. The laptop compartment I'd like to have a lot of room and padding; and I'd like the bag to have plenty of support so I won't get too tired. I'd also like pockets to fit my pencils, pens, erasers and calculator along with more room or another pocket for earbuds, usb drives, cable chargers and a wireless mouse.

Right now I'm looking at 3 backpacks right now:

Any help and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

6. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    IMO, purpose-built notebook packs suck. No frames, waist belts that aren't worth the nylon used to make them, the list goes on. Get a proper hiking pack like a Kelty Redwing or a Deuter ACT Trail for your stuff and a padded sleeve to protect the notebook. I've used well over a dozen different packs and bags from Timbuk2 and JanSport and Brenthaven and others and the best out of them all by far is my ACT Trail 32 and Case Logic notebook sleeve that I've used almost every day for the past three years.

7. Stargazer2893

Stargazer2893 Newbie

Reputations:
    i have a Caseable sleeve/bag for my M6500. They use recycled plastic for the Neopren and are very well made.
    www.caseable.com/
    If you don't know which size to buy just ask them.

8. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Just got Everiki Titan for all my needs the make is top notch, feels great along with the features.
    Hoping It succeeds my Nike MaxAir in a better way which I had used for 7+ years with M15x then AW17 (still alive but the air is gone now on the shoulder straps lol)

9. sonicdivx

sonicdivx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello, everyone. Well it has been a long time since I have been here. My Tom Bihn Empire bag still going strong. That said, looking to update the front page list (some no longer exist). So stay tuned.

sonic out

DukeCLR and katalin_2003 like this.
  10. ShreyasSkandan

ShreyasSkandan Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks to this thread I ordered a custom Waterfield Laptop Sleeve for the Clevo P650RS that I have on the way. The case got here 4 weeks before the laptop did and it's pretty good looking.