LG V20

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Rage Set, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    The LG V20 is the latest super phone from LG Electronics, Inc. It is the successor to the LG V10. It is reported to contain some of the modular functionality the LG G5 has, however, that is a rumor at this point. I will post more information on the specs of the phone as they become confirmed. LG is one of the last smartphone companies that supports replaceable batteries.

The LG V20 will be revealed on Sept 6th, 2016.

[​IMG]
    LG V20 Leak Photo by Evan Blass

2. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    LG + on-screen buttons means a double no sell for me. LG phones have so many issues. I remember when I used to play Brave Frontier there was a warning on the wiki not to play the game on a G2 when it was charging or it would overheat and reboot. The G4 has rebooting issues due to hardware problems. The G2x was the worst phone I've ever owned - reboots, freezes, GPS never worked, battery was horrible and LG completely abandoned it once they realized they couldn't fix it. The G5 had build quality issues. LG just can't make a decent phone and when they do, the software drags it down.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. Rage Set

Reputations:
    As I stated in another forum, I am/was a diehard Samsung Note user. I am glad Samsung added back SD card support but expandable storage was never my issue with the Note 5, the sealed battery is.

While I still get good battery life since I got the Note 5 (at launch), it doesn't compare to what I originally got during the first 6 months. I get about two to three hours of actual use spread out during the day. When I get home from work (11 hour shift), I'm at about 20% whereas during the first six months, I was never below 50%. My Note 2, 3 and 4 are still going strong. Each received an extended battery and last days in between charges, instead of hours.

The LG V10 intrigued me. It's second screen does provide value, its camera as great as the G4's and most importantly, a replaceable battery. Sure it had it problems with boot loops and LG does have a reputation for not supporting their phones for more than a year, but that can be solved through rooting and a new ROM.

If LG can provide stable hardware and like stock skin plus keep the replaceable battery, I might end up getting it. If the reviews are poor, I'll pick up the Note7.

4. jedisolo

jedisolo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have had the LG V10 since launch and I have had no issues with it. I even got the free battery and charger with 200 GB sd card. I am looking forward to the V20. The V20 will be the first non nexus new phone that will get Android 7 out of the box.

5. Rage Set

Reputations:
    The question is how long will LG support Android on the V20. Currently, Samsung does have the monthly security updates and my Note 5 will likely get the upgrade to Nougat (after that, I think I'm SOL). If the bootloader is locked, I will be at the mercy of LG and the carrier for updates...unless LG offers an unlocked V20.

6. jedisolo

jedisolo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I guess we will find out on September 6th. I am hoping the boot loader will be unlocked too.

7. jedisolo

jedisolo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My LG V20 came in the other day and I like the phone. The screen is bright in direct sunlight, the fingerprint scanner is fast and I have gotten amazing battery life, it run's cool, much cooler than my V10. The phone came with a factory installed screen protector. The case I bought is a UAG Ice colored case. The quad dac is amazing and the secondary screen is much better than the V10. The model I bought was the Tmobile model. On the 28th I can get the free B&O play headphones when I redeem the offer with LG.

8. Rage Set

Reputations:
    I plan on buying this phone on Sprint soon.

9. Rage Set

Reputations:
    I'm going to buy the LG V20 today. You get a free LG 4K UHDTV (like I need another HDTV) but for some reason it doesn't apply to CT where I live. I'm still going to go with the purchase and see if I can get the TV somehow.

10. jedisolo

jedisolo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I hope you get the tv and I think you will like the phone. The screen is visible in the sun and the second screen is much brighter. The case I have for the V20 is the UAG case ice frost and the screen protector is from Tech21. It is an impact shield anti glare and anti finger print. I like both the case and the screen protector. The phone comes with a screen protector preinstalled anyway so you don't really need one. A protector comes preinstalled for the camera lens. I think you should leave it on, it probably came on for a reason.

Rage Set likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.