LG Gram 17 Glare

Discussion in 'LG' started by bignlite, Aug 27, 2021.

1. bignlite

bignlite Newbie

Reputations:
    What works best for minimizing indoor glare from windows, off pictures, etc? A matte screen saver? If so, any specific recommendations? Thanks.

2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I used it with a west facing window behind me and never had a problem with it. It was a tiny bit better than my macbook pro, not much though. I guess get some shades you can pull over the window or just try some anit-glare stuff off amazon. I'd make sure it's not permanent in the case you dislike it.

3. bignlite

bignlite Newbie

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, shades are not an option and I'm not seeing anything on Amazon that's 16:10 with positive reviews regarding glare. I might get some film from a tint shop and cut to fit.

4. slainte0317

slainte0317 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. bignlite

bignlite Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you! I appreciate the link.

6. slainte0317

slainte0317 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No problem. They have an option where they will send you small samples of the different films if you want to see the difference. And they include a great installation kit. Also, if you search Youtube for photodon you will see some videos that show the quality (while doing an install), like:

Like I said, I installed 2, both on brand new LG Gram 17s, and am very happy. Cut perfectly to size, easy to install, not that bad of a price (the last one was $42 shipped)

hfm likes this.
  7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not my cup of tea as I like the clarity of the display as is, but if I was going to do this I'd get the MXH as well. Great reco!