LG gram 17 2021 - No Audio drivers!

Discussion in 'LG' started by rm501, Mar 17, 2021.

1. rm501

rm501 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I received the above (Model 17Z90P) from Amazon last week

Did a clean install using latest Win10 ISO from Microsoft.
    Let it perform all windows updates - which included most of the drivers.
    However not the Audio drivers - it still shows as missing driver and red cross in system tray audio.
    I have searched everywhere but unable to find any driver.
    Someone on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/fxgtsh/lg_gram_17_2020_windows_10_audio_driver/) suggested installing LG Update Center - But it finds absolutely nothing (as per attached pic)

I am running out of ideas.... Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Attached Files:

2. pwpit

pwpit Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm facing the exact same problem. I got in contact with LG support on the 18/03/2021 and they're still trying to get it from an internal software team. If they get back to me with a download link I'll let you know.

3. rm501

rm501 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi

I have managed to come right.

We need the LG update Centre software for the "P" at the end of the model. All are empty except: 14Z90P

Download the LG Update Centre for this model on LG website (https://www.lg.com/us/support/software-firmware-drivers)

I uninstalled the old version and installed this download and then it picked up the missing drivers and after quite a few reboots the sound is working fine.

Hope it helps

pwpit and hfm like this.
  4. pwpit

pwpit Newbie

Reputations:
    Well done on finding the download. It was harder than it had any right to be. LG support are still looking for the driver....

5. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The smarter thing for them to do would be to just have it be data driven and pull the laptop model from the BIOS and download the correct drivers from their repo based on what model it is.

6. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    maybe because the LG support folks do not know which kind of audio driver the LG 17Z90P uses (though I know for sure the older 17Z90N model uses Conexant audio drivers)

what kind of hardware device ID number is assigned to the "multimedia audio controller" device in the screenshot of your 1st post, pwpit? look at this site on how to check the hardware ID of a device in Device Manager.