LG Bios Update for All Models!!

Discussion in 'LG' started by ameer456, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biox

Biox Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks to all for the above.

I have updated the Bios on my older LG LS50 to address the 137Gb issue. I discovered I have a 250Gb drive installed but found I only had access to 137Gb. The Bios update didn't fix the issue and after checking other comments above, it seems that the drive LBA has been cut back and is showing 268,435,455

Question - Can I safely reset the LBA back to its full size without corrupting any data on the drive ?

thanks in advance.

2. nut123

nut123 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for this!

Is there any way someone can upload this to a different mirror? RS just doesn't work for me...

Would be much appreciated :)

3. porcogeneral

porcogeneral Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello. I tried the BIOS cd in my LG P1 J555P but I need the WIP ID stuff. Unfortunately, like some guys here, it got erased over the time.. I don't have it's box or receipt.. i bought it a long time ago.. Is there any way of finding this in the notebook?

Also, the first time I chose install without the SN and it PASSED, there was in fact another BIOS revision number but the available partition space upon WINXP format screen remains on 137Gb. Is it possible that I'll be able to change it after with the seagate tool?

Thanks all

4. porcogeneral

porcogeneral Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok.. problem solved, full disk space detected on my new seagate. The BIOS update actually worked without the serial number. WinXP sp2 running with no problems. Thank you all for the tips and for the bootable BIOS disk.

cheers!

5. Max72

Max72 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How did you continue without the serial number? Did you just leave it blanc?

6. adrian80

adrian80 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can I put 4GB RAM in my LG E500 L.APSEV?
    Currently I have 2GB RAM but I want more.
    :)
    Thanks

7. kenlai32

kenlai32 Newbie

Reputations:
    Is the rapid share link include all BIOS for all LG Laptop?

The zshare link is dead

8. ZeFelippo

ZeFelippo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, man.
    I have a LG F1 PRO EXPRESS DUAL.
    I need to update the BIOS.

Can you halp-me?

9. Max72

Max72 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry about the late answer. Sure I can help you but it should not be that difficult. You will need the model number and the serial number. The just follow the instructions:

BIOS/EC Flash Process
    1. Insert Bootable CD in PC, and Turn it on, then PC will boot by DOS mode as below
    (If the EC is not correct or old version, then automatically update EC first and reboot again)
    2. Type in Mode Name at the “WIP ID :” then press Enter key (You must use Capital Letter)
    (You can see the Model Name in ID Label at the bottom Case of PC: “M/N: LMXX-XXXX”)
    3. Type in Serial No at the “WIP ID :” then press Enter key (You must use Capital Letter)
    (You can see the Serial No in ID Label at the bottom Case of PC: “S/N: 412KIXXXXXXXX”(13digits))
    4. You can see the BIOS flash process
    5. After flashing is completed, you can see the “PASS” on your screen, and reboot your PC

10. spike888ph

spike888ph Newbie

Reputations:
    i got a
    Model: LGX12
    Config: X120
    M/N: X120-L.C71LE1

anybody know where i can download the bios for this one? is this the same as X100? or X110?

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.