Let's have some fun. Post all your previous phones.

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by kojack, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    They certainly are a HORRIBLE value (an oxymoron of sorts) and that's why for personal use for most of my life I have always just went with whatever piece of crap was included for free with a plan. The overpriced options were still garbage, so going with the free trash just made the most sense.
    See, we do have something we can agree about. :vbbiggrin:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    kojack and Vasudev like this.
  2. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    The only thing that keeps me with Apple is blazing fast performance on the CPU/GPU, a lag free OS, and iMessage. Otherwise I would be phone agnostic, but Qualcomm is so far behind the curve with CPU/GPU performance and android is a bloated mess to cater to the lowest common denominator among the plethora of phones that run it. Usually it’s the opposite in the PC world. We have overpowered hardware that can overcome windows lowest common denominator penalties, while Mac uses lower performance stuff because they’re optimized to do so. There’s a reason why iPhone is apples best selling product, and their computers are among the worst performing part of their portfolio

Mr. Fox and Vasudev like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I hope this peace lasts as long as it can! :D

There is no alternative for iMessage unless all carriers over the world opts for RCS that works on iOS & iPads.
    Android's aren't lagDroids nowadays. Once you price match Android and iPhone the performance stays the same most of the times. Most phone these days are more powerful but doesn't come close to Apple Silicon.
    Have been using Windows phone for quite a long time and switched to Android One phones and Android One phone felt laggy after A10 update and performance started to go down the drain along with Samsung like Mysterious battery drain that doesn't get logged in battery stats even in adb mode. Once Pixel 4a was available I grabbed it and it felt very different from usual Android phones from Samsung, Nokia and Motorola. It was fast and had no UI lag even on Android 11.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I have been staying on my LG v20, every now and then I feel like upgrading but I dont like what I see in the market quite yet, sealed batteries being a point of contention for me. Battery + headphone jack + expandable storage with decent specs and I would be a happy camper. This was before I knew I was asking for the impossible lol

So I just repair my LG v20 when I need to and keep moving along. There isnt anything on the v20 that doesnt supply my needs. Do I want a dual screen phone? Yes, Do I need a dual screen phone? No

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The only reason I would buy another is imessage, but I would pay to use that new messaging service and have the old iphone 4 stuck in a corner plugged in. I am done with apple. POS company. Their devices are supremely overrated. Android since android 10 has been better than iOS. Once my cheap samsung got A10, it was just as fluid as my ipad.

6. Mastermind5200

Mastermind5200 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    iPhone 4S
    -Great phone, but I got it at the end of it's life cycle and it was abhorrently slow on the last version of iOS it got (thank god for deca5)
    iPhone 6S
    -Had that phone for a super long time, wasn't anything ground breaking aside from the fact that it just well, worked, and worked well.
    Galaxy S9+
    -Was an amazing phone, let me experience android in one of the best ways possible, but lack of iOS and Apple features forced me to switch back to a
    iPhone X
    -Current daily driver, its worked great, battery has held up and the A11 still beats modern lower end android phone so it's certainly not lacking in performance.
    Eyeing a 13 Pro Max or whatever if it has 120Hz, if not I'll pick up a 11 Pro Max or 12 Pro Max on clearance.

Vasudev likes this.