Lenovo Y50 Owners and Information Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by kingfirejet, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pr0ving4Gr0undz

Pr0ving4Gr0undz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah the latest Nvida driver got some serious issues. #Rollback
    Have anyone seen the new Lenovo y700?

2. Josh N

Josh N Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If i wanted to write notes on screen using some sort of stylus, has anyone ever tried this/ can suggest a regular tablet stylus vs a digitizer, or if i should just forget the whole idea.

3. themillen

themillen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone notice the new BIOS 3.04? 10/22 release

Summary of changes
    ==================
    General Information:

9ECN44WW
    Add
    1. Implement OKR/PBR function

Modified:
    1. None

Fixed:
    1. None

WTH is OKR/PBR

4. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    My guess:
    OKR - OneKey Recovery
    PBR - Push Button Reset

5. Josh N

Josh N Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok so I have a HUGE issue I need help with. A lenovo rep promised me the screen hinge issue was no longer a problem before I bought my laptop, as my version was manufactured in june this year. So my screen started flickering with horizontal black lines, and then turned red a few weeks ago. Yesterday it fell a few inches and part of the screen popped out, but there was 0 damage and i popped it back in, w/e no problems. This morning in class it was fine. I open it now in my second class and the top right corner was tinged red like before. Then the screen goes tinged red and doesnt go back. There is a after image, even on startup, and now to cap it all off the supposed "solved" hinge problem just popped out. I am deployed/learning in the middle east and bought it in the US. i am CRAZY worried none of this will be covered by the limited warranty, especially because it fell. I have a thread on the lenovo website, that shows this has been going on a while, and the mails from the Lenovo rep promising me that all the problems were fixed. Do you think they will send me a replacement with all this evidence?

6. kabangeka

kabangeka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Very bad news. My stock 1TB sshd is dead. Blue screen appears and system won't boot anymore. Before this, laptop runs with some blue screens and freeze for seconds sometimes. Bios not recognize hard drive and windows 8.1 no detect this sshd when i plug with external enclosure. Laptop was all the time on desk. Now I run Win on very old 200GB hdd. And waiting when price will drop on ssd, probably on Black Friday.

7. kabangeka

kabangeka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This what I see in windows, hdd is still spinning.

Attached Files:

8. Fujikido

Fujikido Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Still rocking 356.04, it has been stable for weeks on mine. All of the 358 drivers (incl the Oculus ver.) just crash or freeze the Y50-70 when games are open. At first I thought my Dualshock 4+input mapper were the problem, then I realized every driver from 358.xx was doing the same.

9. Dramacydal

Dramacydal Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I got a problem. I have a y50 512 ssd model, So basicly I had 100 gb left so I decided to deleted some movies from u torrent. Deleted about 40gb, went to recycle bin and emptied it and and now hard disk is showing only 30b for free disk space??? Help

10. KeiDash

KeiDash Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was opening the back cover for a regular cleanup when I stripped one of the screws and now I'm unable to open it. Anyone got suggestions on removing the stripped screw? The screws on the laptop are awful, they strip like butter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.