Lenovo Y50 Owners and Information Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by kingfirejet, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethul

Lethul Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have gotten a y50-70 that runs quietly and cool. However I have noticed that if I press left shift in the up most right corner it falls off. I am reluctant to send it back because of this since I have had y50-70s before that have not run as quiet and cool. Is there any solution to this? A new shift key or maybe glue the current one into place (a bit afraid the glue will stick to something else)?

2. DeathEater01

DeathEater01 Newbie

Reputations:
    i bought this lenovo y50 from India. I am facing some problems with graphics at some point of performance. When an app is installed to it its a kind of blur, except games and all stuff runs well. And i am also a bit disappointed with the touch pad it has. The build quality is not that good as expected, pretty much disappointing .
    Any idea to fix the Graphics Prob of getting apps displayed blur. The drivers are up to date....

3. Sluppo

Sluppo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nope, there's very very little to no flex on my Y50 keyboard.

4. Sluppo

Sluppo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Right-click the application, and click Properties. Now, under the Compatibility tab, check/uncheck the 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings'. If it's checked, uncheck it, if it's unchecked, check it. I don't remember very well so I'm not sure but doing either of those should fix your problem. You'll have to do it for every application that's having this problem.

5. abcdlaptop

abcdlaptop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, anyone got Dragon age inquisition to run in fullscreen on their y50? It runs fine but only in windowed mode. A quick search shows that it seems to be a common issue on the y50 or 860m but still havent been able to find a fix.

Also the volume controls and other fn key functions dont work when I am playing a game but work fine on the desktop. Is this normal? Thanks

6. Luterin

Luterin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Never had any issues with Inquisition.

7. Structamention

Structamention Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Every once in a while my bass (over the headphone jack) is suddenly much weaker. I have no clue why other than that this sometimes happens after the Y50 is woken from sleep.

Anyone else been frustrated with sudden lack of bass? Any fixes?

8. themillen

themillen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got mine in the mail, immediately backed recovery partition to usb then installed my 500gb 850 evo ssd and installed, removed all junkware, now downloading some games. Coming from y510p (got this as a warranty replacement! :) ) and so far so good, audio is light years better with the subwoofer, gets a little bit warmer on my stomach (when lounged) so i guess my next step tomorrow at my shop (it tech) is to replace stock thermal paste with IC Diamond. Will post before and after temps with GTA V!

9. Kenstang

Kenstang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I was hoping someone could help me decide what is the better model to go for.

i7 4720HQ
    16GB RAM
    GTX 960M 4GB
    1080p FHD IPS NON-touch display
    1 TB SSHD
    $698 plus tax, $741 with tax (refurbished by Lenovo)

or

i7 4710HQ
    16GB RAM
    GTX 860M 2 GB
    4k UHD IPS NON-Touch
    256GB SSD
    External DVD Burner
    $899 plus shipping, about $930 expedited (new from Amazon)

Struggling with gauging the value between the two, the UHD is enticing.

10. Luterin

Luterin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    UHD is pretty useless in a gaming machine with a single 860m. It will not be able to run games well at that resolution .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.