Lenovo Y50 Owners and Information Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by kingfirejet, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickards

rickards Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    are you sure it goes into sleep mode, or hibernation? check your power options.

2. dkris2020

dkris2020 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's not hibernating. It goes straight to the desktop where I left off the second it wakes + no Lenovo boot screen

3. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:

4. MonoFuto

MonoFuto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have Lenovo Y50, and there are many concerns I want to take care of, such as making sure the computer doesn't overheat and making sure it's clean and can perform as efficiently as possible. I want to clean out the dust in my computer, but I'm nervous about doing it myself, and I don't really want to pay to have someone else clean it for me.

I've been searching around, and I found this thread that intrigued me: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/lenovo-y50-cooling-mod-10c.772029/
    I was wondering just how effective it was for the laptop to have a vent on the bottom, where air won't even be able to filter since it's going to be on a flat surface, but seeing this thread has me curious. Would doing as suggested here help filter air and dust, or would you not recommend it?

There is also something else on my mind... My computer works fine. It doesn't take too long to start up, it doesn't lag (or if it does, it's not for long), and it's not using too much memory. If it's performing fine as it is now, is it necessary for me to go to such great lengths to keep it that way?

Sorry if this post seems contradictory...

5. HoangTuBot

HoangTuBot Newbie

Reputations:
    No, as long as it works fine. BTW after every 6 months of using it you should tear it down and clean dust. Also you can change thermal paste :)

6. AlmightyPO

AlmightyPO Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know when Canada will be getting the updated Y50s? My current computer seems seconds away from death and the Y50 is my top choice to replace it, but with shipping times I don't think I can wait much longer and may have to look elsewhere.

hadi.fotovati likes this.
  7. lewdvig

lewdvig Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    just get the old one next time it hits $799 and grab an IPS panel for DIY install.

8. tyrannosaurus_rex

tyrannosaurus_rex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Any noticeable framerate drops ?

9. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Not my video and I watched just a bit of it so no idea.

10. dkris2020

dkris2020 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Quick question:how much does the backlit keyboard affect battery life? I see reviews mentioning they get upwards of about 4 1/2 hours with the display turned down, however none say if that's with the backlight turned down or off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.